Thread: Normal load only have 200+ tasks, but sometime suddenly get High load with 500+ tasks

Registered Member

Default Normal load only have 200+ tasks, but sometime suddenly get High load with 500+ tasks

Guys i am despert here, already get this problem for a week sometime suddenly get high load, and still dont find where is the problem yet

normally the top result like this, load only 0.71, only have 200+ tasks

other screenshots : http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...topnormal2.jpg

but sometime suddenly get high load (usually 1-3 times a day), load very high 90-200, with 500+ tasks

other screenshots : http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...phighload2.jpg

Daily Process Log, i already repair and optimize all table, like you can see the mysql process is very low (in white line, not in yellow or red line), so its looks like the problem is not in mysql
    The red line is maybe apache

Nb1. I use a dedicated server, only host 1 site, here is my server specs
    Intel Single Xeon E3110 3.0ghz L2 cache 6MB
    Memory 4 GB DDR2 RAM
    Harddisk 500 GB Sata 7200rpm
    Cent OS 5.4
    WHM/Cpanel

Nb2. I already check no backup/cronjob or related scheduled active right now

Nb3. I already disabled the feature one by one, Even i already block all search engine spider now using robots.txt disallow for 2 days, no spiders again in my website until the problem found, its ok i just need to found the source problem

Nb4. I dont think my hosting support can help it, and they cost very expensive for that extra managed service ($69/hour), i want to find the source problem by my self, please analyze and give advice to found the source problem

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by basketmen View Post
    Nb4. I dont think my hosting support can help it, and they cost very expensive for that extra managed service ($69/hour), i want to find the source problem by my self, please analyze and give advice to found the source problem
    It will be easier to find the problem for your hosting support since they can login to the server. I've seen this many times.

Try:

ps aux|grep exim
    If there are many, check the mail log

ps aux|grep httpd
    If there are many, check the apache log

Also check Apache Status

Your script or server could be hacked.
    Last edited by garconcn; 10-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.

Registered Member

Default Re: Normal load only have 200+ tasks, but sometime suddenly get High load with 500+ t

Did you ever find the cause of these sudden high loads? Seems I have some servers with same behaviour... Thank you in advance.

Registered Member

Default Re: Normal load only have 200+ tasks, but sometime suddenly get High load with 500+ t

Quote Originally Posted by krisdv View Post
    Did you ever find the cause of these sudden high loads? Seems I have some servers with same behaviour... Thank you in advance.
    i cant found how to fix it by my self for weeks after that

so i use a management service out there managewiz.net that offer to help in a forum, and its solved now, if i am remember he optimize the apache and use xchace, etc