Thread: Installing additional enkompass servers

Default Installing additional enkompass servers

I have successfully installed encompass server, We do not plan to host websites on it, but use it to resell enkompass licences at smaller increments then the cpanel plan (less then 500 per server) IT is currently setup with the 30day trial and working, however I am wondering, How would we install another server that uses this server for its licensing ? From what I gathered from the enkompass installer the licensing is IP based, how does this get reconciled with wanting to setup a reseller server without requiring another minimum 500 account licence ? (to use this server that has been setup to give out reseller accounts on other servers, without requiring them to purchase a 500 account licence per server) Which brings me to the next question, if using a cluster setup where you have dedicated DB and mail servers, how do you set those up without requiring a 500 account licence for setup of those as well ?

Registered Member

Default Re: Installing additional enkompass servers

The Enkompass server has license packs associated to it's IP but otherwise the licensing is tracked by accounts created.
    You can use the one Enkompass server and then add additional servers and they all use the same 500 license pack
    (or more if you buy additional licenses for that Enkompass IP)

Enkompass is only installed on one server regardless if there are 2 or 200 servers in the overall Enkompass setup.
    Enkompass will push a few essentials to other servers but there will still only be one Enkompass server.

You can add additional servers via the Server Manager section. A server can be dedicated to a reseller but you could also
    have a database (or mail) server that multiple resellers could use if you are trying to balance resources.

Ok, so I already have an enkompass server setup, and I have another server that i want to turn into a webserver, where can I find instructions on adding that webserver to the enkompass cluster ? Also, is it possible for that server to have its own database/mail/DNS services for a single reseller ?

Registered Member

Install any services you wish that server to host and add it
    to the Enkompass setup via Server Manager in SAI.

Once added in Server Manager you can add the services you want it
    to provide. In Reseller Center you'll have to specify the resources that
    the reseller can assign accounts to but it's not difficult.

You can use the IP Tools to bind additional IPs to the server as well.