Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php on line 387

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 337

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 341

Warning: Non-static method vBSEO_Storage::path() should not be called statically in ..../vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php on line 343
Change TTL on multiple DNS Zones? - cPanel Forums

Thread: Change TTL on multiple DNS Zones?

Registered Member

Default Change TTL on multiple DNS Zones?

Some time ago I changed a lot of DNS Zones to use a very short TTL during a site moving process. This allowed me to move a lot of sites without any downtime. Problem is, as a hangover from this I now have a whole lot of sites still using a very short TTL. Does anybody have a sure-fire way to reset everything back to the standard TTL of 14400 without risk?

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Red face

Hi,

You can mass replace the TTL entries within all of your zone files by using this syntax :

[root@support ~]# cd /var/named/

[root@support named]# replace "$TTL xxxxx" "$TTL 14400" -- *.db
    where "$TTL xxxxx" is your current setup TTL.

Registered Member

Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I am trying to change the TTL for pretty much every zone and every record within the zone on an entire server i.e. everything that should have been set to 14400 ("www" A record for example) has been set to low TTL times like 60. The problem with doing a simple 'replace' for everything in that instance comes when a client has a subdomain, domain or IP address in their zone containing "60" for example.

I'd imagine my best bet is to use DNS::ZoneParse to read and update every zone file, but I was hopeful there was existing code available somewhere. I may just have to code up something myself though.