Check the download page for this info, it is updated at the same time as the actual updates are released (so yes it is still in edge only).
They are probably working hard to make sure it is stable enough to make it to "current".
An update on the progress would be nice though as we have told a few customers about the new features coming in version 11.32.
- cPanel Inc. will supply that information as it becomes available.
I finally went to EDGE to get it... it works as advertised... still not happy about this....
which was going to be a known problem to me because the following didn't get enough steam
Without overstating this again.
there are a few things that people need to understand about email, mainly cpanel
- DKIM will only work with a few providers out there, mainly yahoo and gmail, so there needs to be something that will allow a server admin like me (whos also an email delivery expert) to be able to decide which receiving domains will have messages signed with DKIM.
- There needs to be some options (as there are a few with DKIM), mainly
- 512, 768, 1024, 2048, 4096 keys
- selector record (for multiple)
- Algorithm choice of rsa-sha1, or rsa-sha256 (higher cpu demand)
- option to specify the s flag in the "t=" tag, for subdomain compatibility without multiple records
- options to set test mode or non-test mode
- options for signing all messages or not
- Domainkeys (not to be confused with DKIM) believe it or not is still used..... so that needs to stay right where it is.
- There needs to be a testing tool that will validate that it is working as desired (a mail to address that will return pass/fail signed/unsigned)
- There also needs to be something put in place for DNS in case we have the option to validate DKIM signatures on a cpanel receiving end. some 4096 sized signatures are too big for a UDP packet, and thus TCP would need to be used which would facilitate some changes to BIND, or NSD
I do love to see options added as this appeals to admins, who in turn operate these servers, and are advanced users. I have seen too many options in cpanel/WHM dummed down and thus they miss some of the options available to us. If anyone has questions about any of this please let me know. For now the only other option is a custom DKIM setup I have been working with that works for cpanel/whm it takes a little bit of modification (if you have root access) but it does in fact sign the messages properly.
Last edited by moonsoftsystems; 12-15-2011 at 01:25 AM.
lol, its 2012 and the world is supposed to end next December. Is there any way we'll have a chance to use DKIM before the world goes boom?
I've been waiting so long its my only purpose in life.
According to another thread, 11.32 Current should be out in weeks and not months
So the maximum I understand by weeks is 7 weeks and the minimimum 2…