Thread: Change Notification From Email Address

Registered Member

Default Change Notification From Email Address

Dear cPanel,

Is it possible to add a section where I can change the from email address for notifications being sent to our customers. The notifications I am refering to are high bandwidth usage, running out of diskspace, email box is full et al.

Reason being, we have a number of cPanel servers and it would look more professional if all of the notification came from the same address rather than root@server1 and root@server2 ....

Also I would like to be able to send all system emails through a SMTP server.

Kindest Regards,

Mark Smeed

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst cPanelDon's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Quote Originally Posted by WebXSolution View Post
    Dear cPanel,

Is it possible to add a section where I can change the from email address for notifications being sent to our customers. The notifications I am refering to are high bandwidth usage, running out of diskspace, email box is full et al.

Reason being, we have a number of cPanel servers and it would look more professional if all of the notification came from the same address rather than root@server1 and root@server2 ....

Also I would like to be able to send all system emails through a SMTP server.

Kindest Regards,

Mark Smeed
    Please note that outbound notification e-mails are sent through the local Exim daemon that serves as the SMTP mail server.

Changing the "From" e-mail address is possible by customizing the e-mail templates used for each respective notification. Please see the following threads for additional details:

As the requested functionality is currently available via existing features this thread is being closed to avoid possible confusion.