Thread: PhpMyAdmin

Registered Member

Default PhpMyAdmin

Hi,

I want to give mysql details to my codder. How he can access phpmyadmin via browser directly using mysql database information.

I dont want to share cpanel password with him. Your help will be appreciated thanks.

Best Regards,
    Farrukh

cPanel Product Evangelist Infopro's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb

He can't. But you could setup a secondary PHPMyAdmin in a directory if you wanted to, like:

yourdomain.com/private/

Install this in there, http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

And then password protect that directory using the tools for password protect in your cPanel.

Give him access to that directory by giving him those htaccess details you setup.

Setting up PHPMyAdmin isn't too awful hard, just follow the instructions closely.

Registered Member

I am trying to setup a seperate (older version) phpmyadmin for one of my shared clients. Things are going well until I've finished installing and trying to login. I use the username/pass for this client's Cpanel login and it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by doct66 View Post
    I am trying to setup a seperate (older version) phpmyadmin for one of my shared clients. Things are going well until I've finished installing and trying to login. I use the username/pass for this client's Cpanel login and it doesn't work.
    Their are many many settings you can setup so that you can log in as a cPanel username/password rather than a database username and password. I just installed phpMyAdmin last night, stand-alone from cPanel. Works with both cPanel & singular database details.

Registered Member

can I see your config.inc.php? I can't even login as both cpanel username/pass and a database user/pass.