Thread: phpMyAdmin export.php: Missing parameter: (what|export_type) (FAQ 2.8)

Question phpMyAdmin export.php: Missing parameter: (what|export_type) (FAQ 2.8)

Hello!

Recently cPanel was updated to WHM 11.28.39 and after that I noticed that operations like export and insert through phpMyAdmin generated an error page which says:

export.php: Missing parameter: what (FAQ 2.8)
    export.php: Missing parameter: export_type (FAQ 2.8)

After some searches I tried the solution proposed in http://forums.cpanel.net/f34/phpmyad...db-159865.html but it aparently didn't solve the problem.

Some more testing later, I noticed I can execute the export in other databases, including other databases from this same user. I can also execute the export of this same problematic database using an administrative account.

Also tried giving more permissions for the user in question, but that too didn't help.

Then I downloaded a new copy of phpMyAdmin from it's site (the same 3.3.8 installed in cPanel), and installed it directly into the domain. In this install, I can do the export and inserts without a problem.

Anyone have a clue as to why cPanel's phpMyAdmin is acting wild like this, and what can we do to solve it?

Thanks in advance

Arthur

Registered Member

Default re: phpMyAdmin export.php: Missing parameter: (what|export_type) (FAQ 2.8)

I am having the same problem with Firefox 3.6.12 on 64bit win7. With the help of cpanelsource tech support we discovered the problem disappears when using IE8. I don't have a complete answer yet, but thought you might like to know a work around until a more satisfying answer can be found.

I hope cpanel can roll out a fix for firefox soon!

Default re: phpMyAdmin export.php: Missing parameter: (what|export_type) (FAQ 2.8)

Thanks for your comment, coppershadow!

Indeed, I tried using IE8 and it works normally. With firefox 3.6.12 on my linux pc it doesn't work. It is an easier workaround than installing phpMyAdmin somewhere. Let's hope a fix comes soon.

By chance did you downgrade to STABLE after installing 11.28?

This issue is being tracked with internal case # 44870.

Thanks
    -Nick
    cPanel Inc.

Need support? Submit a request here. Complimentary support is available to all license holders regardless of where you purchased your license.
    Need a complimentary support account? Create one here.

Hi Nick,

No, I didn't downgrade. It is set to RELEASE as it has been since install.

Also, it seems this weekend version was automatically upgraded to 11.28.45, but no changes to this problem.

Integration Developer cPanelDavidN's Avatar

Hi Arthur,

Do you have a support ticket? Please PM me so that I can assist our Tech Support.

We've had a few similar cases reported, most were resolved by clearing all session cookies for the browser (either IE or Firefox). I'm sure you've tried this, but I thought I'd mention it just in case

Regards,
    -DavidN
    David Neimeyer
    Integration Developer

sdk.cpanel.net
    APIs: XML-API API1 & API2
    Check Out: Developer Downloads Integration Blog
    Need Support? Support Ticket Developer Forum Feature Requests

Registered Member

check the disk space. make sure to have some free space in /tmp.

relogin to cpanel and use phpadmin to export the database.

Let me know how it goes!!

Hi anoop1285!

/tmp has 2% utilization, so it doesn't seem to be the case.

cPanelDavidN

No, I didn't open a ticket yet. But guess what? I won't need one. It was really the pma cookies. I couldn't clear all cookies for other reasons, but after manually removing all pma* ones, it did export correctly.

Thank you for the solution!