Thread: Whois for Subdomain

Post Whois for Subdomain

Hi, I am Kazam Raza from Pakistan.
    I have a main domain paks.pk and one of its subdomain is for example kazamraza.paks.pk . Is it possible that users can search that who own this subdomain, just like whois for domains which shows all necessary information about the owner of domain. Currently I have maintained separated database for subdomains pk.paks.pk where all subdomain information is stored. I want a PHP script that connect to WHM/cPanel so that user can check whois for subdomain and I want to install that script in subdomain whois.paks.pk
    Last edited by Infopro; 08-28-2009 at 10:18 PM.

Registered Member

Generally, WHOIS is same for the subdomain as main domain.
    AccuWebHosting.Com | cPanel Hosting Provider Since 2003
    Cloud Powered Hosting | cPanel VPS
    Trusted by 20,000+ Clients Worldwide

cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

There is NO WHOIS for sub-domains. WHOIS is available for registered domains only.

If you are selling sub-domains and wants to display owner of that sub-domains then you will need to custom script and then you can list them on YOUR web site. You can not put those details on WHOIS servers.

Kailash
    Blog - Website/Server security

Technical Support Forum

Default Whois for subdomain

Quote Originally Posted by Kailash1 View Post
    There is NO WHOIS for sub-domains. WHOIS is available for registered domains only.

If you are selling sub-domains and wants to display owner of that sub-domains then you will need to custom script and then you can list them on YOUR web site. You can not put those details on WHOIS servers.

Kailash
    Thanks for your reply. You are saying right that whois is for registered domains only. I am looking for a script that connect to my server and retrive whois information for subdomain, otherwise I have to maintain separate database for this purpose. I want to setup a website Pak domain name whois query service only for subdomains. Currently I have maintained separate database for whois for subdomain i,e, Free Domain Names - Pakistan first hosting company that provide lifetime free pk domain names Pk Hosting Student Hosting

Kazam Raza

BANNED

The only valid WHOIS registrations are for licensed domains only.

However, if you own the primary domain, you could setup your own WHOIS server that could be queried for subdomains that you register under you.
    Code:
    whois -h whois.yourdomain.com subdomain.yourdomain.com
    It is not difficult to setup a whois server if you want to maintain one yourself.