Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is Phpmyadmin Slow and Staggered?

Registered Member

Default Why is Phpmyadmin Slow and Staggered?

Hi,
    there are 2 issues here. Webmail and phpmyadmin are always SLOW even though the server loads are not high. phpmyadmin in particular doesn't even load the full page half the time and it just sits half way through a page load for ages - the remaining page content never actually getting downloaded and completed. So you're left with half loaded pages all the time.

Why is it like this? why are these 2 so bad in loading pages? Does anyone know how to get Webmail and phpmyadmin to behave properly and speed up to normal speeds?

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

I'm having similar problems with phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl2
    Fedora Core 2
    php 4.4.1
    apache 1.3.34
    mysql 4.1.13

The server load is below 1 and mysql is preforming fine otherwise.

Anyone knows of a solution?

Registered Member

I noticed a slowdown as well.... I changed the theme back to the original, and it appears to be a little quicker....

Registered Member

Same problem, especially with Horde. Over multiple servers too.. NOTHING on these forums appears to have a real fix...

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

I've filed a bug for this problem,
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=3654

Registered Member

Has anyone cracked this issue yet? I have to keep rebuilding Apache/PHP to get phpMyAdmin to work again for a short while.

FYI, I'm uisng using phpMyAdmin 2.6.4-pl2 on RedHat Enterprise 4 i686,
    with WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-R30, PHP 4.4.1 and Apache/1.3.34, phpsuexec.

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Nope... I've REOPENED the bug though...
    maybe if we get a few more votes going they will look into it further...

Registered Member

I experience this issue too. Intermittently, and I can't work out why. I posted my info here (which also has an error from WHM)

It seemed to happen only with secure WHM/cPanel connections - using standard http:// worked fine.

Apache status reports from WHM would also hang and time out.

I also found that restarting Apache fixed it, so I'm guessing it's an error with stunnel or the WHM service.
    Last edited by Beansprout; 01-12-2006 at 06:02 PM.

We have this problem too.

I recently replaced the entire server with a brand new dell, put FC4 on it (Previous server was RH9) hoping a totally clean start would get rid of it but the problem is still there.

I have had this problem for about 12 months now, it was coming up on previous versions of WHM and phpMyAdmin.

My problem is very much like what is described above - if i try to modify a table in any way (even deleting rows) it comes up with 'page cannot be displayed' and the usual 'dns error'. Sometimes it will load the top part of the page and just die in the middle of a html tag.

I think its more a problem to do with the web server that cpanel runs on rather than the phpmyadmin software. If i load phpmyadmin into some webspace (ie, port 80) it works fine - not the sligtest bit of trouble. Loading phpMyAdmin for all the accounts is not really viable for us though.

Registered Member

Well, it seems I have finally solved this problem (at least on my affecetd server). I realised that this slow and sticky page loading issue seemed to affect Horde as well as certain PHP dynamically loaded images in a particular website on the server. This made me conclude it was not specific to phpMyAdmin.

Ultimately I realised that disabling APF firewall made it all work fine, page loading in phpMyAdmin was really quick and normal again. Of course I didn't want to leave the firewall disabled so I decided to upgrade APF in case the IPTables rules created by my existing installation of APF apf-0.9.4-5 were the real culprit.

Thus I upgraded from apf-0.9.4-5 (problem version) to apf-0.9.6-1, and after making sure conf.apf was OK for my system such as 'Type of Service'* settings I have not had any page loading issues at all so far! Yeeehaaw!

I sincerely hope this helps some others out there with the same problem, what a headache this has been.

Cheers!

* FYI the config file /etc/apf/conf.apf has quite a few more options following the upgrade.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by PvUtrix
    Nope... I've REOPENED the bug though...
    maybe if we get a few more votes going they will look into it further...
    Not sure if it would.

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2499

Iron handed response (and often conflicting with what techs tell on tickets) is here on this bugzilla id which is marked as FIXED though the comment states that it would be fixed in Next Build. I am not sure as there is nothing released after Jan 11, 2006 even if EDGE tree is to be considered (I am on CURRENT) and This FIXED status change is on 31st January 2006.

Mentally i am prepared never to post anything in Bugzilla as not more than 15% are worth a look (as per comment there) and it's no point having things sorted out when there's really no one worried.

Sorry if this post annoys the forum admins or techs. Everyone has equal right to get annoyed.
    But Yes as Chirpy mentioned on one of my posts, I am "Shit Out Of Luck"

Anup

Registered Member

ummmm.... anup123, isn't your post way off topic... or am I missing something..

Registered Member

Bugzilla was the post there.

Anup

Registered Member

Jack01, how do i update apf?

Registered Member

erick_paper,

As I recall I just downlaoded and unpacked the new version, and ran the install script, i think it just upgraded automatically this way. I am sorry this is vague, i didn't take detailed notes about this at the time. However I am sure you will find details about upgrading at the AFP site anyway...

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast