Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: All servers start, except for 2?

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default All servers start, except for 2?

    Ok, I got the cPGS to work, and this thing is amazing, but I am having problems with the BF2, and BF2142 servers, here are the logs

    Code:
    ###################[ Beginning first 1000 lines from log ]##############
    
    [Sun Mar 14 07:17:00 2010] Launching server with the following commandline:
    # /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2142_0/start.sh +game bf2142 +dedicated 1 +modPath mods/bf2142 +maxPlayers 16 +port 16567 +noStatusMonitor 1
    
    /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2142_0/bin/ia-32/bf2142: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    
    
    ###################[ End of log ]#########################
    Code:
    ###################[ Beginning first 1000 lines from log ]##############
    
    [Sun Mar 14 14:11:36 2010] Launching server with the following commandline:
    # /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2_0/start.sh +game bf2 +modPath mods/bf2 +maxPlayers 64 +port 16567 +noStatusMonitor 1
    
    /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2_0/bin/ia-32/bf2: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    
    
    ###################[ End of log ]#########################
    I hit the start button, and nothing happens, it just shows the start button again, and again, just won't start.
    I just don't get it, if anyone can help, please do so.

    Thanks in advance to the helpers that will help me - Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered Member Zepplin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Blue Mountains, Australia
    Posts
    92
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

    Root Administrator

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmfaoown View Post
    Ok, I got the cPGS to work, and this thing is amazing, but I am having problems with the BF2, and BF2142 servers, here are the logs

    Code:
    ###################[ Beginning first 1000 lines from log ]##############
    
    [Sun Mar 14 07:17:00 2010] Launching server with the following commandline:
    # /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2142_0/start.sh +game bf2142 +dedicated 1 +modPath mods/bf2142 +maxPlayers 16 +port 16567 +noStatusMonitor 1
    
    /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2142_0/bin/ia-32/bf2142: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    
    
    ###################[ End of log ]#########################
    Code:
    ###################[ Beginning first 1000 lines from log ]##############
    
    [Sun Mar 14 14:11:36 2010] Launching server with the following commandline:
    # /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2_0/start.sh +game bf2 +modPath mods/bf2 +maxPlayers 64 +port 16567 +noStatusMonitor 1
    
    /home/gaming/.gameservers/bf2_0/bin/ia-32/bf2: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    
    
    ###################[ End of log ]#########################
    I hit the start button, and nothing happens, it just shows the start button again, and again, just won't start.
    I just don't get it, if anyone can help, please do so.

    Thanks in advance to the helpers that will help me - Thanks!
    According to errors shown in both your logs you need to install libstdc++.so.5 via yum etc depending on what OS your using.

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zepplin View Post
    According to errors shown in both your logs you need to install libstdc++.so.5 via yum etc depending on what OS your using.
    And how can I get YUM via PuTTY? I have CentOS

  4. #4
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ledyard, CT
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmfaoown View Post
    And how can I get YUM via PuTTY? I have CentOS
    Here is a post that just might help you:

    www.centos.org

    Fair warning, when you go to that page, it'll launch a print job. Just cancel the print job and read on.

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vetsols View Post
    Here is a post that just might help you:

    www.centos.org

    Fair warning, when you go to that page, it'll launch a print job. Just cancel the print job and read on.
    That's to show me how to do it VIA YUM, I need YUM first.

  6. #6
    cPanel Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    If you are using Centos, you probably have yum installed already. If not Centos then you won't need yum; what distro are you using ?
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1

  7. #7
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    If you are using Centos, you probably have yum installed already. If not Centos then you won't need yum; what distro are you using ?
    Yes I have CentOS, but I'm sure the one I have from the hoster doesn't have YUM, or RPM, I need RPM to get YUM, but not one clue where to get RPM

  8. #8
    cPanel Staff
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Interesting, I wonder how they installed the server without yum (which wraps rpm). I'd suggest asking your hosting provider what the deal is with that, I've never heard of a Centos box without yum or rpm installed for managing the native packages for the distro.
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1

Similar Threads

  1. servers wont start servers hang
    By Forbest in forum cPGS Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2011, 04:28 PM
  2. Cannot start BF1942 servers
    By HH-Steven in forum cPGS Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 10:19 AM
  3. 10th + servers does not start
    By Sushii in forum cPGS Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
  4. Cannot Start TF2 Servers
    By Jubalint in forum cPGS Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
  5. help help 2days not start servers
    By bh-host in forum cPanel & WHM Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2007, 11:10 AM
bargain