Thread: Subusers?

Registered Member

Default Subusers?

Hello, this one is for Darren I was using CPGS for 2 years, then i moved to another very popular gamepanel(will not say the name). I really want to switch back to CPGS because support here RULES and it's a more friendly community. My only wish is the possibility to add subusers in CPGS. Thanks a lot.

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default Re: Subusers?

I believe there is a mass UI change coming in the version in development that Dan is creating.

I remember I think he stated sub users and other such things would come in time, but right now it's the core he wants to deal with I believe. Shouldn't be long now before it's released at 1.0.0 and then he will go from there.

cPanel Staff

filth80 - what sort of subusers are you talking about ? cPGS uses cPanel as the 'webserver' for authentication and such, it's not possible to allow the ability to create users under an existing cPanel account who could log in and manage certain aspects of just the game server. If you've got something else in mind lemme know.
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1

Registered Member

I mean , for example GameCP. I know that panel is independent, but if CPGS won't have such a thing it would be a great loss.

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Yep I have had this request several times. So that they can't get into everything

Registered Member

Smile Re: Subusers?

Ok, but if I want to have resellers, is it possible? I mean both on main server(with cpanel installed) and on remote. If i create a reseller account cant it be put on remote server? Thank you. Please Darren answer this, 'cause I need an answer. I am thinking about moving from gameCP, but I have some CS 1.6 resellers amd I wonder if this is possible on CPGS.

cPanel Staff

filth80 - The reseller account status basically gives the same level of control over the user/game/install configs as the root account does, just for the reseller's accounts that are set up in WHM. So on the cPanel server you'd set up the reseller in WHM like normal, have the reseller account create it's regular user accounts, then allow the reseller access to cPGS (it's an option in the cPGS config in WHM) and everything should work the same. I would suggest testing it out with a test reseller and accounts first to be sure there are no surprises, the reseller stuff has not been touched or tested in quite some time. If you have paying customers I would suggest sticking with GameCP until cPGS v1.0 as the finial releases in 0.9.x BETA are going to include some fairly big changes that have the potential to introduce a lof of new issues and I don't want that to affect your userbase.
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1