Thread: Team Speak 3 - TSDNS

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Talking Team Speak 3 - TSDNS

Hi Everyone,

I just got CPGS installed via WHM and am trying to get teamspeak 3 to work, but am having some issues. I wonder if anyone can give me some advice, because I can't seem to find instructions and I'm a pretty big noob when it comes to sysadmin stuff.

I got the ts3 server installed and it's running, but when I try to connect I am getting errors saying "No TSDNS found at ..."

I can't figure out how to install TSDNS, or if it is already installed, how do I configure it?

Any help would be appreciated!

cPanel Staff

Default Re: Team Speak 3 - TSDNS

Try connecting using the IP address:Port rather than hostname.
    cPGS does not configure or run the tsdns server currently, it may in the future but it's rarely used in the wild and there are "bigger fish to fry" at the moment. TSDNS comes installed in /home/user/.gameservers/ts3_0/tsdns/ (where user is the username and ts3_# is the install number in question.) You can configure it and start it manually if desired, there is a README file in it and example config that explain how to configure it, it's about as simple as a server gets. The main problem with it on a cPGS setup is that TSDNS listens on port 41144 (not optional) , so only the first client on any given IP to run it would be able to configure it.
    The only benefit TSDNS has over regular DNS is that it can specify the port the server listens on, so if you run your TS3 server on the default ports, Voice on 9987 (UDP) , ServerQuery on 10011 (TCP) and file transfers on 30033 (TCP) then you can still connect with just the hostname.
    You could sign up for a free ts3 dns service such as TS3DNS - Teamspeak DNS Service as well.
    If I add this as a part of cPGS, I'll probably have to rewrite the server functionality into cPGSD so clients on the same IP won't have fighting servers.
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Thanks for the info!

I have got tsdns working now, I think, as the client log now says "found tsdns at...", but I'm still failing to connect. I opened the 3 ports mentioned about on my server. I don't know why I can't connect, and I'm really frustrated because I can't find any error logs anywhere! Is there a place that gives more details as to why the connection is failing? I checked the client log, and the /ts3_#/logs directory, but there is no info there.

cPanel Staff

There are 3 ports for TS3, each one handles a different job. Make sure the voice port you configured is the one configured in tsdns. Verify first that you can connect to the server using the IP and Port number. If you can't then there is probbably a firewall blocking it. If you can, double check the IPort in tsdns is the same one you can reach via the client directly. If you get stuck feel free to put in a ticket for me and I'll see if I notice anything odd.
    Need to put in a support ticket for cPGS ? Click on the url below and follow the bottom most link "Submit a Support Request without Logging In"
    https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/index.cgi?support=1