Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manual backup via WHM

Smile Manual backup via WHM

Simple question: How do I run a manual backup via WHM of all my user accounts? I see I can configure automatic backups on the Configure Backup page, but is there a way to backup manually using the settings I entered on the Configure Backup page?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ylesches View Post
    Simple question: How do I run a manual backup via WHM of all my user accounts? I see I can configure automatic backups on the Configure Backup page, but is there a way to backup manually using the settings I entered on the Configure Backup page?
    From the shell, you can trigger backups manually on demand and also have alternative backup methods available as well ....

However, from WHM backups run on a schedule .....

From Cpanel though, you can run a manual backup anytime on an account by account basis from within the account's Cpanel control panel .....

I personally like to build 'cpmove' archives with /scripts/pkgacct when I need to make a backup snapshot of an account.

What shell command would I run to initiate a complete server backup according to the settings in WHM? Is that even possible?

Registered Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral View Post
    From the shell, you can trigger backups manually on demand and also have alternative backup methods available as well ....

However, from WHM backups run on a schedule .....

From Cpanel though, you can run a manual backup anytime on an account by account basis from within the account's Cpanel control panel .....

I personally like to build 'cpmove' archives with /scripts/pkgacct when I need to make a backup snapshot of an account.
    From the shell, you can trigger backups manually
    >> i want to to ran manually backup from the Shell, please give the command for that.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default /scripts/cpbackup --force

At the shell command prompt:

Code:
    # /scripts/cpbackup --force
    will start a full cPanel backup at any time, using the settings in /etc/cpbackup.conf (which are set in the WebHost Manager at Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup).

There is no provision for doing this from the WebHost Manager. It must be done from the shell.
    For hands-on assistance, please reference our new support information page: Where should I go for support?
    cPResources: Support Options - Submit a ticket here - Additional Support Options - Forums Search - Mailing Lists(Alt) - Documentation - Find cPanel hosting

-- Jared Ryan, Technical Analyst, cPanel Technical Support

Registered Member

Arrow

nice command

what i want to do is for our VPS server we are talking remotely backup & i have select daily/weekly backup option, the query is daily backup is done but not weekly

You just need to select daily backup, it will include weekly and monthly too. Just exclude monthly backup if you dont want it. If you have done exactly same way, there should be some problem with weekly backup, sometimes load on the server kills backup process, not usually though. You need to check your backup logs in order trace exact error...

Registered Member This forum account has been confirmed by cPanel staff to represent a vendor. syslint's Avatar

Seems you are in a vps and usign ftp backup options. So it will tar the backup and upload to remote server. If you have really big accounts , there is a chance the gzip took a lot resources and your vps provider killed your backup process .

Registered Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by InoxHost View Post
    You just need to select daily backup, it will include weekly and monthly too. Just exclude monthly backup if you dont want it. If you have done exactly same way, there should be some problem with weekly backup, sometimes load on the server kills backup process, not usually though. You need to check your backup logs in order trace exact error...
    where can i get the backup logs ?

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup

Each time cpbackup runs, it writes a new log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/. Check the timestamps of the files to find the newest one.
    For hands-on assistance, please reference our new support information page: Where should I go for support?
    cPResources: Support Options - Submit a ticket here - Additional Support Options - Forums Search - Mailing Lists(Alt) - Documentation - Find cPanel hosting

Registered Member

Arrow

I ran this command

# /scripts/cpbackup --force

& got following output
    [cpbackup] Process started in background.
    [cpbackup] Log file: /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup/1281603263.log

How do i come to know that this task is finished ?

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default Watch the logs

Each backup run will have its own log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup. The logs have numerical filenames; look for the most recent timestamp. You can use "tail -f" to watch the file while it is being written.

Registered Member

Arrow

Ok! got it .

How can i get the PID of this process ?

Default Re: Manual backup via WHM

I ran the command /scripts/cpbackup but it backed up only few accounts from the 800 cpanel account.

Other account are not backed up..

Regards,
    Rnjt

Registered Member
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default Re: Manual backup via WHM

@Nilesh : Use the command ps aux | grep cpback and you will be able to find the PID of the process along with some other informations.

@Rnjt : Did you check the logs. If the other accounts are not backed up there will be some errors and you will be able to find the errors in the logs. Please post your log details here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast