Thread: Addon Domain Problems....

Registered Member

Default Addon Domain Problems....

Hello,

I have done a search through the forums for a solution to my problem and have found lotsa other people with a similar problem but no one seems to have posted a solution which works for me. So here is my problem and if any of you smart people out there has a solution I would be greatly apprciative.

I am simply trying to create addon domains for a client. Both domains he wants are pointed and propagated to my namerservers. When I create the addon domain using CPanel I get the following message:

Addon Domain Addition

The subdomain, testing.domain.ca has been added.
    Nameserver ips for testing.org are: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

testing.org has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain testing.domain.ca . Ftp access has been granted with the username testing and the password xxxxx .

This appears to have successfully set up the addon domain but it does not. It creates the subdomain and the ftp user but when I look at the Addon domain list it is not there? The DNS zone is not created.

I have added adons domains once to this account and others successfully. But took a couple of tries both times? If anyone has any idea what the heck is going on please let me know ASAP. He is getting a little testy.

Thank you.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
    Keith Gallant
    JustHosting.ca
    http://www.justhosting.ca

Registered Member

Have you tried pointing the addons in WHM to the subdomain ?

(you mention cpanel)

Have you tried removing the addons in cpanel and then recreating the addons again in WHM

Have you tried removing the DNS zones in WHM " delete dns zones " ( assuming they are actually there ) and recreating them.

WHM seems a less buggy way to add addons ( cpanel users should be able to do it though) This happened to me recently and this is how I fixed it.

Apologies if it doesn't help

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: