Thread: cPAddons Wordpress Install Error "Wordpress already exists in public_html directory"

Registered Member

Default cPAddons Wordpress Install Error "Wordpress already exists in public_html directory"

I'm having a problem on my CentOS VPS server, hosted through DotBlock.com. I can install a single copy of WordPress into the root of a site or in a sub-domain, once there is an install, I can't install another copy into a subdomain. After using CPanel Addons to install WordPress, I get the error "There is already public_html install of this addon.". Is there a setting in WHM that would correct this and allow multiple installs? I'm installing WordPress 3.1.2, which shouldn't matter.

I even tried creating a new hosting account in WHM, installed WordPress into a subdomain first, then tried to install it again into the root domain public_html folder and I get the same error. I do have a cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.0.yaml file in the folder /home/myfolder/.cpaddons, but I don't know what it's for ... Obviously something to do with the cpanel addons ....

Registered Member

Default Re: cPAddons Wordpress Install Error "Wordpress already exists in public_html directo

Hello? Anybody ever had this issue?

Registered Member

Default Re: cPAddons Wordpress Install Error "Wordpress already exists in public_html directo

Nobody has experienced this? What does the YAML file do? Is there a setting in there that is hindering CPANEL from installing an addon?

cPanel Product Evangelist Infopro's Avatar
    cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

Is there a setting in WHM that would correct this and allow multiple installs?
    There is no setting that I'm aware of to allow multiple installs into the same directory. You'll have to remove the one you have now to install a new one in it's place.

I do have a cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.0.yaml file in the folder /home/myfolder/.cpaddons, but I don't know what it's for
    If you open that file you'll note that this is the file that tells your system where the wordpress is installed (and more data).
    Delete that file and your system will not know where its (the wordpress installation) located.

When you remove the wordpress installation correctly that file is removed correctly.

HTH!

Registered Member

It's not the same directory, it's for another directory, sub-folder of public_html with a subdomain pointer. I can manually install another copy of WP the subdomain directory but for some reason, cpanel addons will not allow me to install any more than one install of wordpress into the domain. When i try to install into the subdomain into a sub-folder of public_html, it gives me that error: "There is already public_html install of this addon." which is weird since I'm installing it into a subfolder where there are no installs...

cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

Let me do some testing here and post back.

cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb Re: cPAddons Wordpress Install Error "Wordpress already exists in public_html directo

I can't replicate your issue here.
    I've just created a subdomain and then installed a WP into it (WordPress.1.yaml).
    I had another WP test site set in root of the domain already (WordPress.0.yaml).
    Next I installed a third into the sub.domain.com/testsite3/ (WordPress.2.yaml)
    Next, a fourth into domain.com/testsite4/ (WordPress.3.yaml)

All installations went in without issue.

If you're receiving a message like this, we could IMO, assume that either 1) You did not remove a previous installation properly or 2) when selecting the directory to install to you typed in something incorrectly into the Installation URL: text box below the URL drop down list.

If you just went in and deleted a directory where the WordPress site was installed, you did not remove all that needs removed. In that case, you should navigate to /.cpaddons and find the file that is for the removed site and remove that file as well.

For example, I installed 4 WP sites, I now have 4 of those files:
    cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.0.yaml
    cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.1.yaml
    cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.2.yaml
    cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.3.yaml

Opening the one ending in 1.yaml I see this line near top:
    installdir: /home/username/public_html/wptestsub/wordpresstst2

wptestsub/ is my newly created sub.domain.

If I deleted all files inside:
    installdir: /home/username/public_html/wptestsub/wordpresstst2

...and then tried to install another WP site there it should not install. Why? I didn't kill the corresponding file for it in: /.cpaddons, those cPanel::Blogs::WordPress.XX.yaml files tells the system whats in that directory. Even if that directory is empty.

Make any sense?

cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

I just want to add here that after installing all of these WordPress installations and then just now Uninstalling them all the same way I installed them, this cPanel system worked flawless. Files, databases, those yaml files, all removed as expected.

Registered Member

Ok, let me do look over your information and I'll do some more testing in the next day or so and get back to you. Thanks for your time!