Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cpanel features missing after update

Registered Member

Default cpanel features missing after update

I've spent over an hour searching the threads and didn't find anything so I apologize if I missed it.

After update lastnight there are some features missing in users control panels. Not all features are missing, just some and it's the same features missing in all control panels.

I've restarted cpanel, I've ran upcp again, I've checked the feature manager and the features are still selected for those missing. I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions?

version: cpanel 10.8.1-c112

Thanks for any help.

Registered Member

Reinstalled cpanel that didn't work either. No reason for thinking that it would, just something I hadn't tried.

What exact features were missed? Are there some inactive icons?
    Please clarify
    --
    Eugene,
    =
    Lost time is never found again
    =
    http://howto4life.com/

Registered Member

Hello,

I don't use icons, I have text links only. Features missing are subdomains, addon domains, site builder, webmail, default address, and I have a section for Account Management, it's missing as well.

My control panels are custom, but I've had them up for over a year. I know the features were there lastnight because I was using one myself specifically and went back in to access it this morning and it's gone. Started checking other users, gone from them as well.

I have several different feature sets setup for different account plans, these features are missing in all control panels for the different plans.

Hope I described this well enough, if not, please ask me more questions.

Thanks for any help.

cPanel saves features_lists in
    /var/cpanel/features
    Probably you want to check if the files are still there and if they're gone, check your server logs and dates when the folder was updated at the last time.
    Hope this helps.
    --
    Eugene,
    =
    Lost time is never found again
    =
    http://howto4life.com/

Registered Member

Hello,

Yes, I had already checked the lists, that was the first thing I checked. They are all still there and the correct features inside them are set on and off correctly.

Guess I should state that it's this way across all of my servers, not just one. Same features missing in all control panels across all servers.

And they show they last they were modified were November of last year.
    Last edited by bamm; 04-20-2006 at 10:53 AM.

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge

If you haven't resolved this, please open a ticket with the cPanel support desk attention Nick Nelson so I can ask one of our technicians to take a look at the issue.

Thank you.

Registered Member

Thank you, just submitted ticket.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by bamm
    After update lastnight there are some features missing in users control panels. Not all features are missing, just some and it's the same features missing in all control panels.
    I have the same issue, WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-C34
    Last edited by ben_ts; 04-21-2006 at 04:17 AM.

Registered Member

This is very frustrating. I have one control panel, and for that control panel 20 hosting plans, and each hosting plan has its own features set, and for many of the plans, they use the same features, yet I can log into one control panel and the features show correctly, but log into another that has the same features, and most of the features are missing.

1 control panel

hosting plan 1: subdomains, addon domains, password protected dirs
    hosting plan 2: same features selected but they are missing from the control panel

Some very angry customers on my hands, and no explanation to offer them.

Registered Member

Guess I should mention that after receiving an email telling me that it was the coding in my control panels, I opened the x theme and compared the coding and found nothing wrong with my coding.

I think the problem is with the /usr/cpanel/whostmgr/addonfeatures I say this because I added one of the missing features, giving it a different name when I added it, and edited my theme code to match the new name. Mysteriously the feature then began showing, but at the same time, a different feature that wasn't missing before, came up missing:

cd /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/addonfeatures

echo "newname:newname" > newname

Then updated the name in my control panel theme, uploaded the page to the server.

Didn't have to open the featureset to select the newly named feature because any new feature you create in addonfeatures is automatically checked in all of your feature sets.

Opened the control panel, the once missing feature that now has a new name is now there, but now something else comes up missing.

I don't know for sure that it is definitely /usr/cpanel/whostmgr/addonfeatures, just seems the mostly likely to me.

Something else I should probably add, just for kicks, I opened each feature set and unselected all the features, saved it, then reopened it and reselected the features, and saved again. Nothing happened.

But yet, if I recreate a feature and give it a new name, the feature then shows up but something else comes up missing.

enough of the merry-go-round...hopefully someone gets the picture lol

Registered Member

I had the exact same thing..

Basically, All i did was open up the default features config, resaved and it all put itself back into place. I also restarted the server right before I did that, so I'm not sure if it was the restart, or the resave.

Registered Member

default features config? where is that?

Registered Member

By the way, initially I rebooted the server after looking at the features lists and making sure features were selected properly, I did this before I realized this issue was across all of my servers. The server had been up for 198 days and generally when I notice things going wierd and the server has been up for a while, I always try rebooting to see if that resolves the issue....didn't help in this case obviously. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Registered Member
    cPanel Access Level

Root Administrator

I'm having this issue as well... (Edit: WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-C40)

I use bluelagoon, but based on one of the comments above, I switched to x, and the problem persists.

Problem: At least one of my accounts (I'm currently testing to see what is and is not having this problem) has most of the features in cPanel missing.

My /var/cpanel/features/disabled is as follows:

changemx=0
    traceaddy=0
    spamassassin=0
    errpgs=0
    searchsubmit=0
    nettools=0
    indexmanager=0
    sslmanager=0
    sslinstall=0
    cpanelpro_support=0
    My /var/cpanel/features/[relevant list] is as follows:

ssh=1
    cron=1
    pgp=1
    addoncgi=1
    interchange=1
    agora=1
    bbs=1
    chat=1
    entropybanner=1
    entropysearch=1
    countdown=1
    clock=1
    counter=1
    advguest=1
    guest=1
    randhtml=1
    scgiwrap=1
    mysql=1
    phpmyadmin=1
    phppgadmin=1
    popaccts=1
    webmail=1
    defaultaddress=1
    autoresponders=1
    blockers=1
    forwarders=1
    lists=1
    changemx=0
    traceaddy=0
    spamassassin=0
    spambox=1
    boxtrapper=1
    ftpaccts=1
    ftpsetup=1
    backup=1
    webprotect=1
    password=1
    errpgs=0
    mime=1
    handlers=1
    hotlink=1
    redirects=1
    frontpage=1
    searchsubmit=0
    ipdeny=1
    nettools=0
    subdomains=1
    parkeddomains=1
    addondomains=1
    subdomainstats=1
    webalizer=1
    awstats=1
    analog=1
    lastvisits=1
    bandwidth=1
    errlog=1
    rawlog=1
    emailscripts=1
    filemanager=1
    serverstatus=1
    diskusageviewer=1
    fantastico=1
    indexmanager=0
    setlang=1
    sslmanager=0
    sslinstall=0
    emaildomainfwd=1
    cpanelpro_support=0
    cpanelpro_images=1
    cpanelpro_leechprotect=1
    themechange=1
    billing=1
    fantastico=1
    Yet when I log into the relevant account's cPanel, the options I get are as follows:

Mail
    FTP Manager
    Web/FTP Stats
    CGI Center
    Statistics Software Configuration
    Web Host Manager
    Fantastico
    Theme Changer

Troubleshooting I've done:

1. Rebooted the server. What the heck.

2. Based on this thread (which is the only relevant thread I've found in my search of the forum), I checked out /var/cpanel/features. The feature lists all exist, and the last modifieds match -- that is, they are months old, from the time I created them... (exception: per troubleshooting below, ones I deleted/recreated are modified today, obviously)

3. Changed plan from bluelagoon to x, no help. So I changed back to bluelagoon

4. Created new feature list, edited plan to use new feature list -- no help.

5. Deleted and recreated feature list -- also no help. Besides, it appears correctly in the file structure, so I don't think that's the problem.

I don't know where all the files are stored for cPanel -- that's part of the reason I *use* cPanel, because I'm a server novice... So it makes it hard for me to troubleshoot, not knowing where to look... :-)

Does anyone have any insights or suggestions on what I might look for?

I'm not sure where cPanel stores the setup for each account -- knowing that might help, as I could go out and check to make sure it's pointing correctly...

Edit2: Okay, so I just noticed /var/cpanel has *.accts files... I don't appear to have one for the reseller that owns the account referenced above, if that makes any difference... It shouldn't, because one account that *does* appear in its relevant reseller.accts file is also having this problem... so don't be sidetracked by this, although I will have to look at it eventually after I solve the real problem of this post.. heh.)

Any suggestions? :-D
    Last edited by Ishware; 04-22-2006 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Adding version of WHM: WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-C40; Edit2: Add question about *.acct files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast