Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Email Forwarding Down

  1. #1
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    236

    Default Email Forwarding Down

    Am I missing something here?

    All I want is a simple forwarder and I can't get it to work on any server I try.

    It's in /etc/valiases also.

    I guess the forwarding just does not function in cpanel. Please advise, Thank you

  2. #2
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,801
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

    DataCenter Provider

    Default Re: Email Forwarding Down

    Originally posted by salvatore333
    Am I missing something here?

    All I want is a simple forwarder and I can't get it to work on any server I try.

    It's in /etc/valiases also.

    I guess the forwarding just does not function in cpanel. Please advise, Thank you
    could you paste the /etc/valiases/domain.com file here ? perhaps something is wrong inside it. Which cpanel build is it ?
    :: Anand ::

    ssh root@
    who the hell is root ???

  3. #3
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Thank you for responding.

    WHM 9.0.0 cPanel 9.0.0-E36
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1.2

    order@myhostingco**.com: email@anotherserver.com
    *: :blackhole:


    I tried deleting the blackhole and disabling spamassassin to.

    Thanks again.

  4. #4
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,801
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

    DataCenter Provider

    Default

    Originally posted by salvatore333
    Thank you for responding.

    WHM 9.0.0 cPanel 9.0.0-E36
    RedHat 7.3 - WHM X v2.1.2

    order@myhostingco**.com: email@anotherserver.com
    *: :blackhole:


    I tried deleting the blackhole and disabling spamassassin to.

    Thanks again.
    I would assume its in this format

    PHP Code:
    [email]order@myhostingcompany.com[/email]: [email]email@anotherserver.com[/email]
    *: :
    blackhole
    Now try to do this in shell

    mail -v order@myhostingcompany.com
    Subject: test mail
    test mail
    .

    Now see what is the response, paste here.
    :: Anand ::

    ssh root@
    who the hell is root ???

  5. #5
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    236

    Default

    The format of my /etc/valiases file was exactly how I pasted it in here.

    I tried the test and it just keeps blinking and does not give me any results, Thank you

  6. #6
    Registered Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,801
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

    DataCenter Provider

    Default

    Originally posted by salvatore333
    The format of my /etc/valiases file was exactly how I pasted it in here.

    I tried the test and it just keeps blinking and does not give me any results, Thank you
    You mean with the ** ??? Thats wrong. The format should be what i pasted, rectify it using any text editor and then check for your probs.
    :: Anand ::

    ssh root@
    who the hell is root ???

Similar Threads

  1. Email forwarding problem - Not forwarding emails
    By fattwam in forum E-mail Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 09:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 07:27 AM
  3. email domain forwarding vs. email forwarding
    By johndoe in forum cPanel & WHM Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 08:45 PM
  4. Email forwarding - how to?
    By gareth_roberts in forum cPanel & WHM Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 03:43 PM
  5. email forwarding
    By mikesouth in forum E-mail Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2005, 06:11 PM
bargain