Thread: how do i downgrade?

Registered Member

Red face how do i downgrade?

how do i downgrade to stable version of whm and cpanel?

Registered Member

Change your setup to "Manual/Stable" tree and then click on upgrade Cpanel...

Registered Member

i see~ it only works if i put automatic~ if it is manual stable tree~ it wont downgrade to a more stable one

Registered Member

yes, if only there was a way to rollback, stupid me ran the 'important' apache security update that i have been ignoring for a month or so. well that went down terribly, everything to a screeching halt on its knees just before start of business monday morning, well done. perhaps the lesson learned is, if it is working dont upgrade unless it is critical but as to when it is critical is a tough decision. six hours of system engineer time and possible source recompiles, yay.

Registered Member

the only problem is now~ my mail() for php aint working~ customers complaining yadayada. followed the forums~ but still cant get it to work

Registered Member

yes, if only there was a way to rollback, stupid me ran the 'important' apache security update that i have been ignoring for a month or so. well that went down terribly, everything to a screeching halt on its knees just before start of business monday morning, well done. perhaps the lesson learned is, if it is working dont upgrade unless it is critical but as to when it is critical is a tough decision. six hours of system engineer time and possible source recompiles, yay.
    DITTO HERE. It said "CRITICAL UPDATE" - so I kept nagging my server administrator to get the kernel upgrade done. He finally did get it done today - and we immediately had the mysql "parse errors" all over every mysql app on every domain, and although they got that resolved (from 8 am this morning until 2 this afternoon is how long it took to get it done and WORKING) - now NONE of the front-page based webs are accessible via http in frontpage. NOT ONE. 90% of my clients are Frontpage clients.

Anybody have any real support suggestions for fixing this? This is NOT GOOD. Going on 8 hours of inaccessibility to working these websites. On a MONDAY.