I have a server running with IP 22.214.171.124 with lets say 500 accounts on it.
Now I set up a new server with Centos 3.4 and cpanel and IP 126.96.36.199 and I have asked cpanel for a 14days temporary license for this IP. So both servers are running WHM/Cpanel and they are located next to each other.
Now I need to transfer all the accounts from my current server to the new one with no or very little downtime. And afterwards I want the new server uses my current IP address 188.8.131.52 !!
This is what I guess I should do:
1. run the backup of all accounts in WHM on my current server
2. copy over all accounts to the new server
3. restore all accounts on the new server via WHM multiple restore
4. shut down the current server (downtime starts)
5. change the ip address of the new server to my current one 184.108.40.206
6. reboot the new server (downtime stops)
BUT how do I make in point 5 that the IP address changes everywhere that it is needed ?
I can manually change it in /ect/hosts and ifcfg-eth0, but this is not enough ! The IP address is also in all /var/named files and in httpd.conf... do I have to do the changes manually or is there a script available ? Maybe via WHM ?
I know also that changes that are made after the backup and before the new server is up and emails sent during that period and not picked up from the server, will be lost. Therefore I will do the transfer at night when there is little traffic. I guess there is no other easy way ?
Thanks for your advise,