Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: login webmail Internal Server Error User is over quota

Has this been fixed in RELEASE_42404?

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst cPanelDon's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Quote Originally Posted by cPanelDon View Post
    The symptom is due to the "over quota" status being cached. For reference, this information is stored in the following directory path:
    Code:
    /var/cpanel/overquota/
    Here is a command that could be used to view the information stored in the above directory:
    Code:
    # grep -HnR '' /var/cpanel/overquota | sort
    This issue is currently being examined via the following internal case ID number: #36820
    Quote Originally Posted by nettigritty View Post
    Has this been fixed in RELEASE_42404?
    The internal case is still active for further examination. For the user experiencing the issue, have you ensured the account disk quota has been increased? If it is definitely increased, I would consider checking if there is a cache file in the overquota directory mentioned earlier. The overquota cache lifetime is 1 hour (3600 seconds).

The account was within quota. I had to remove the file from /var/cpanel/overquota to get it working.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Quote Originally Posted by nettigritty View Post
    The account was within quota. I had to remove the file from /var/cpanel/overquota to get it working.
    Thank you for the information and for sharing the specific resolution used.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Quote Originally Posted by beddo View Post
    No difference, overquota regenerated and the webmail breaks for the user again.
    Please submit a support request for this issue as this will require a more thorough inspection via direct SSH access to the system. When available, please PM me referencing this thread and your new ticket ID number so I may follow-up internally. For reference, the links in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission, such as via one of the following: (Support Options & Additional Support Options).

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Default Friendly Moderator Note

A different thread discussing the same topic is now merged into the larger discussion thread; this should help make it easier to find related information.

Everyone's feedback regarding attempted corrective measures and resolutions used is greatly appreciated.

As a reminder, please note that the disk quota needing to be increased is that of the cPanel account user and not that of an e-mail account user; after increasing the cPanel account's disk quota via WHM the overquota cache for the affected cPanel account should expire and not be refreshed after the cache lifetime of 1 hour has elapsed, (and assuming the account is not yet over the newly-increased disk quota the user should then be able to access Webmail normally).

Reference posts:
    cPanel Forums - View Single Post - login webmail Internal Server Error User is over quota
    The symptom is due to the "over quota" status being cached. For reference, this information is stored in the following directory path:
    Code:
    /var/cpanel/overquota/
    Here is a command that could be used to view the information stored in the above directory:
    Code:
    This issue is currently being examined via the following internal case ID number: #36820
    cPanel Forums - View Single Post - login webmail Internal Server Error User is over quota
    The internal case is still active for further examination. For the user experiencing the issue, have you ensured the account disk quota has been increased? If it is definitely increased, I would consider checking if there is a cache file in the overquota directory mentioned earlier. The overquota cache lifetime is 1 hour (3600 seconds).

I love the usage of cache files because of the lower memory and cpu consumption, but when you change a user's quota, that user should have all the quota cache's updated so the limitations be gone if the user have now enough quota.

I mean, an account reached 80 from the 80 mb available, ok, block the webmail. Now I give them 100 M more, he have enough space to use, why does he need to wait for an hour to use the webmail again ? That's nonsense.
    Silent Ninja
    "Practice Makes Perfect"

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

I also start to get those messages.
    During login into some EMail webmail I get "Internal Server Error. User 'Account'sUserName' is over quota.".

EMail has 30Mb used of 90 allowed.
    Username has 470M used of 1000 allowed.
    /var/cpanel/overquota does not contain neither Username nor EMail.

Seems /scripts/fixquotas has fixed this.
    Regards, Alexey

Unhappy Over quota problems

Saw this and think it relates to me as well. I've modified the email quota AND the bandwidth quota but aloow the quota levels are correct I still cannot login to user email account. Does this take a while to take effect? Help please.

Code:
    /var/cpanel/overquota/
    Code:

Quote Originally Posted by 2Much2Do View Post
    Saw this and think it relates to me as well. I've modified the email quota AND the bandwidth quota but aloow the quota levels are correct I still cannot login to user email account. Does this take a while to take effect? Help please.
    After a few hours usually gets fixed automatically.
    Silent Ninja
    "Practice Makes Perfect"

Thank you Silent Ninja - all is well. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Much2Do View Post
    Thank you Silent Ninja - all is well. Patience is a virtue.
    Yes, it trully is; although I still believe that the "change quota" feature, unlocks the webmail for the user, because it's anoying and also confusing for the customers and operators.
    Silent Ninja
    "Practice Makes Perfect"

Registered Member

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by sohails View Post
    go to whm, go in tweak settings, disable all webmails and save
    then enable them again...I had same problem and this worked for me
    best of luck
    That's true

It also worked for me.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Ninja View Post
    Yes, it trully is; although I still believe that the "change quota" feature, unlocks the webmail for the user, because it's anoying and also confusing for the customers and operators.
    The remaining difficulty that was reported in this thread is corrected in cPanel version 11.25.1 as of EDGE build number 45719; this can be referenced via the following entry in the change log: Edge 45719 @ 2010-05-13 18:17:04, Remove the overquota cache file when changing the quota

As of the time of writing cPanel 11.25.1 is in EDGE and not yet in CURRENT, RELEASE, or STABLE, but in due course the new version will reach the other build trees and the same fix will be automatically included upon your servers being updated. To easily confirm the version and build numbers for each build tree please refer to the following resource: cPanel Downloads - Latest cPanel/WHM Builds

cPanel Product Evangelist Infopro's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change

Please Note: Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change

As of July 28, 2010 the cPanel/WHM version number designations have been officially changed.

Version 11.25.1 is now designated 11.28 and version 11.25.2 is now designated 11.30.

These new changes were explained in some detail recently at the July 2010 - Quarterly Road map - Webinar direct from cPanel's PodCast Studio in Houston, Texas with speakers David Grega and Mario Rodriguez.

An official press release about these changes is forthcoming and can be accessed at this link as soon as it's made available to the Forum Team:
    Important cPanel/WHM Version Number Designation Change (To be updated)

This post serves to update users who are subscribed to threads (where this message is posted) looking forward to upcoming enhancements in future versions of cPanel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast