I have several issues . . . rather critical that they need to be resolved. Hopefully someone on this forum can be of assistance or someone hits me back on twitter @brianjking
Thanks! Really need help ASAP!
1. I am transferring from 1 VPS (purchased from hostv.com) and transferring to a new VPS @ Dedicated Servers | Managed Dedicated Servers | Web Hosting | VPS | Liquid Web
- Both sites utilize WHM/cPanel and CentOS.
2. When I utilized the multiple account copy option I transferred over SSH using the "express transfer" method, this seemed to work for the most part; although I have a few issues that need to be resolved ASAP!
- DNS still seems to be hosted at HostV and not LiquidWeb VPS, this needs to be changed, not sure why ns1 and ns2.domain.com haven't switched, it's nothing with my registrar (godaddy) and both VPS's show that ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com show 2 different IP's in the DNS. This is going to cause issues . . . I don't know how to resolve as this has nothing to do with my registrar. I'm so beyond confused and need to resolve this ASAP! Please help!
- When copying 1 account everything seemed to work okay; although this site is made in the Joomla CMS (also copied in the Express method through WHM) and it worked for the most part although if I try to access it through http://ip.com/~username it gives me Joomla errors. If I try to connect via the domain name it points to the new IP (from liquidweb) and it shows the content; although 2 pages don't properly render that rendered just fine on the prior VPS (the transfer completed successfully according to WHM) although the domain "about us" and "contact" pages are not rendering properly. This seems funky that just 1 domain had 1 issue; and the CSS for the other pages (all pulls from one CSS file) renders properly on the new LiquidWeb VPS. . . and rendered properly on the hostv.com VPS. Don't know what to do. . . This issue is urgent, as well as the DNS issue.
- I need to re-generate SSH keys for my new VPS for my OS X 10.5.8 machine, I can't recall how to do this through WHM & then how to store them on my machine, anyone able to help here?
- Remote backups - Is there anyway I can run a cronjob that packages just like cpbackup and then downloads through SCP from my VPS to a local machine weekly? (I would want individual restorable accounts/MySQL db's, email, etc) Anything I would need to restore an entire account if it has issues. A pre-written script would be perfect.
Thank you - I really need this fixed ASAP as my clients are angry (rightfully so) although this really needs resolved. You can email me at brianjosephking at gmail dot com or @brianjking me on twitter, or brianjking on skype (if skype please let me know when to sign on, and what your username is, I'm in Eastern Standard Time Zone).
Cheers! Hopefully we can resolve some of these issues . . .