Thread: Is PHP SOAP installed?

Registered Member

Default Is PHP SOAP installed?

Hi
    my site is hosted by a hosting company. I have access to may account via CPanel.

I can see that PHP 5.3.3 is installed.
    I need to know if SOAP is installed.

How can I confirm that SOAP is installed?
    Can I install this myself in my hosting account?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default phpinfo()

Your host can install SOAP by following these steps in the WebHost Manager:

• In the WebHost Manager, click Main >> Software >> Module Installers.
    • Next to PHP Extensions and Applications Package, click Manage.
    • Enter SOAP in the search box and click Go.
    • Next to the entry with the description SOAP Client/Server for PHP, click Install.

If the host has enabled the feature for your cPanel account, you can also install it yourself in cPanel by clicking "PHP PEAR Packages." Server administrators do have the ability to disable this feature, so it may not be available to you, in which case you would need to ask your host to install the package for you.
    Last edited by cPanelJared; 09-23-2010 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Removed incorrect information
    For hands-on assistance, please reference our new support information page: Where should I go for support?
    cPResources: Support Options - Submit a ticket here - Additional Support Options - Forums Search - Mailing Lists(Alt) - Documentation - Find cPanel hosting

-- Jared Ryan, Technical Analyst, cPanel Technical Support

Registered Member

Default Output from phpinfo()

Thanks Jared for your reply.

The output from phpinfo() can be found here:shahriarnk.com/gmap/Test.php

Can you tell whether SOAP is installed?

Thanks again for your help.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

I was incorrect in my statement that PEAR packages would be listed in the output of phpinfo(). They are not. You can see which PEAR packages are installed using the pear list command:

Code:
    # pear list
    Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
    =========================================
    Package          Version State
    Archive_Tar      1.3.7   stable
    Auth_SASL        1.0.4   stable
    Console_Getopt   1.2.3   stable
    HTTP_Request     1.4.4   stable
    Mail             1.2.0   stable
    Mail_Mime        1.8.0   stable
    Net_DIME         1.0.1   stable
    Net_SMTP         1.4.2   stable
    Net_Socket       1.0.9   stable
    Net_URL          1.0.15  stable
    PEAR             1.9.1   stable
    SOAP             0.12.0  beta
    Structures_Graph 1.0.3   stable
    XML_RPC          1.5.4   stable
    XML_Util         1.2.1   stable
    As a shared hosting customer, unless your host has enabled shell access for your account, you do not have the access required to run the pear command. You will need to ask your host whether SOAP is installed, and ask if he/she will install it for you if it is not installed already.
    For hands-on assistance, please reference our new support information page: Where should I go for support?
    cPResources: Support Options - Submit a ticket here - Additional Support Options - Forums Search - Mailing Lists(Alt) - Documentation - Find cPanel hosting

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default Can also use EasyApache

I neglected to mention that, besides installing SOAP as a PEAR extension, it can also be selected as an option in EasyApache. It is listed in step #6, Exhaustive Options List.

The difference between installing SOAP via EasyApache versus installing it as a PEAR package is that, when running EasyApache, all of Apache and PHP will be rebuilt. If installed as a PEAR package, Apache and PHP will not be rebuilt. This is much less time-consuming and there is less chance of something going wrong.

In either case, however, you will need to contact your host. Running EasyApache and installing PEAR packages both require root access, and only your host has the access required to install SOAP for you if it is not already installed.

Registered Member

Default Regarding installing PEAR package SOAP

We are using CPanel 11 and it seems we can install SOAP from below:

CPanel > Software/Services section > PHP PEAR Packages > Show Available PHP Extension(s) and Application(s)> SOAP (0.12.0)(on page 5)

Can you confirm this is the right way to enable SOAP for my site so that I can access web services provided by third parties?

When I tried to install SOAP as described above, I got the attached error message; can you confirm what might be causing this?
    Attached Files Attached Files

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Default Disk quota exceeded

SOAP is not installing via PEAR because your account's disk quota has been exceeded:

Code:
    Warning: mkdir(): Disk quota exceeded in System.php on line 277
    PHP Warning:  mkdir(): Disk quota exceeded in /usr/local/lib/php/System.php on line 277

Warning: mkdir(): Disk quota exceeded in /usr/local/lib/php/System.php on line 277
    ERROR: failed to mkdir /home/shahriar/php/PEAR/Task/Postinstallscript
    You will need to free some disk space or have your quota increased in order to install SOAP via cPanel. Every function in cPanel runs as the account user, so this message does indicate that your particular account is over quota.

Alternatively, your host can install the SOAP PEAR package for you via the WebHost Manager.