Thread: phpMyAdmin always bringing up blank page

Registered Member

Default phpMyAdmin always bringing up blank page

Hello,

We have a problem that I can't find an answer to and our trouble ticket is just waiting in the queue unanswered.

phpAdmin just brings up a blank page.

All accounts on all our cpanel servers are doing this - both old/long existing accounts with databases and newly created accounts to test this problem.

We are runing the release code released this weekend to fight the FormMail-clone problem.

All servers are runing the 4.x version of mysql.

Any pointers/thoughts?

Darin

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 14335

Registered Member

Are you logging into a users control panel with the root password? If so, this is the cause.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
    Beau Henderson

Registered Member

Nope. :-)

I can create a brand new account and log in with that accounts username/password (not equal to the root or any reseller password) and it will not work. I can also use any other account
    (out of thousands) and they will not work either.

Interestingly - anything in the phpMyAdmin directory that does not end in .php is viewable - ie the Documentation.txt file will come up. But any php file in there or even a sample .php file with
    '<? phpinfo() ?>' in it or just the word "test" in it will not come up.

It's as if cpaneld can't process .php files.

Darin

Registered Member

Hi

We had/have this problem also and after a lot of tracking down and talk with folks at phpmyadmin/sourceforge it appears it is a gd problem. (gd being the graphics library).
    If your're running the 4.0.12 mySql then you need to update to gd 2.0.12 instead of the 1.8 currently running on cpanel (as cpanel have not updated it yet - might be an idea, nice people at cpanel!! ) We have tried this with phpMyAdmin 2.4 and 2.5.
    nb: phpMyAdmin is currently incompatible with mySql 4.1.x

Problem we are having of course that gd2.0.12 just doesn't work with cpanel at the moment. If someone has got it working could you please let me know.

It would appear that once gd2.0.12 is installed (successfully) mySql 4.0.12 and phpMyAdmin 2.4 and/or 2.5 work just fine and the blank page problem is gone.

In the mean time, we are trying to work out our best options.... roll everything back to work with mySql 3.2.x - which is our least favourite choice; wait for cpanel to make gd2.0.12 a happening thing...<big smile @ cpanel>; or install another (temp) mysql manager...

Any suggestions?

Anyhow, hope that helps you out a little, Darin

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:# 14172

Pia

Registered Member

Solution to my problem - make sure the default umask isn't set to 077 when running system updates. I've always set my root
    netmask to that in the past to ensure that files root creates are not readable automagicaly by the users on the server.

The new directory that was added by my last update (/usr/local/cpanel/lib) was created with permissions set for only root to be able to access the files there in - chmod'ing the directory to 755 helped fix that problem.

I've asked that the proper umask be set by the system update tools as a feature request. :-)

Thanks for all the replies above.

Darin

Registered Member

We are having the same problem and our /usr/local/cpanel/lib folder is already at 755, but still phpMyAdmin brings up a blank screen.

Did you say that as long as this folder is permissions 755 your phpMyAdmin works ok with MySQL 4.x??

Or is the problem as refered to earlier of gd image file upgrade needed??

Anyone with with some ideas pl'se??