Thread: phpMyAdmin broke with 11.25 upgrade

Registered Member

Default phpMyAdmin broke with 11.25 upgrade

One of my servers got auto upgraded to 11.25 and customers began complaining of file not found error when trying to use phpMyAdmin.

I discovered that the contents of the directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin except for config.inc.php had been erased.

I restored the folder from backups and it began working again.

Is this a known problem with 11.25 or is phpMyAdmin supposed to be somewhere else now?
    Host Ultra
    Quality Affordable Web Hosting

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

phpMyAdmin is located in the same directory as before, /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin. The update to 11.25.0 includes an update to phpMyAdmin. This update is initiated by the utility application located at: /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin. There should be an indication why the update failed on your system in /var/cpanel/updatelogs. You can force the update to run by executing "/usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --force".

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst cPanelDon's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hostultra View Post
    One of my servers got auto upgraded to 11.25 and customers began complaining of file not found error when trying to use phpMyAdmin.

I discovered that the contents of the directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin except for config.inc.php had been erased.

I restored the folder from backups and it began working again.

Is this a known problem with 11.25 or is phpMyAdmin supposed to be somewhere else now?
    Via root SSH access the following command will re-install the correct version of phpMyAdmin:
    Code:
    # /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --force
    Please let us know the full cPanel version number in-use at the time of the occurrence; if the cPanel version was updated since the issue occurred please let us know this and include the cPanel build tree (e.g., STABLE, RELEASE, CURRENT, EDGE) and the approximate time frame involved.

Reference internal case ID: #34758

Registered Member

Removing file from previous tree: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/CREDITS
    Removing file from previous tree: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/ChangeLog
    Removing file from previous tree: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/Documentation.html
    ....cropped....
    Removing directory from previous tree: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/contrib
    Removing directory from previous tree: /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin
    Unable to remove deprecated directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin: Directory not empty

It lists every file except config.inc.php which it does not delete, then it fails to delete the folder because it still has a file in it.

All my servers have a config.inc.php in that folder, did your script miss one file or is it not supposed to be there? I didn't put it there.

Previous version is cPanel 11.24.5-R38506.
    I have it set to auto upgrade to RELEASE.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --force worked and updated to latest.
    Host Ultra
    Quality Affordable Web Hosting

Registered Member

I've got other issues related to this. It looks like some style sheet must have been left out since the fields are now twice as long as they were when it was in an earlier build of phpMyAdmin. I've attached two screenshots of how it looks now and how it looked before.

I ran the forced update but it's still occurring.

Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails phpMyAdmin broke with 11.25 upgrade-phpmyadmin211-old.jpg   phpMyAdmin broke with 11.25 upgrade-phpmyadmin-now.jpg  

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post
    I've got other issues related to this. It looks like some style sheet must have been left out since the fields are now twice as long as they were when it was in an earlier build of phpMyAdmin. I've attached two screenshots of how it looks now and how it looked before.

Any ideas?
    Hi,

Try this first:

/scripts/upcp --force

& later one:

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --forceHopefully that'll bring an end to the problem you're facing.

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by teck View Post

Any ideas?
    As of the time of writing the table creation page ("tbl_create.php"), as seen in phpMyAdmin version 3.2.4 via WHM, displays the same as in the official phpMyAdmin demos, including the demos of the latest stable, latest testing, and development versions. This behavior appears to be normal or an issue unrelated to the phpMyAdmin installation and use via cPanel/WHM.

Reference: phpMyAdmin - Try

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by hostultra View Post
    It lists every file except config.inc.php which it does not delete, then it fails to delete the folder because it still has a file in it.

All my servers have a config.inc.php in that folder, did your script miss one file or is it not supposed to be there? I didn't put it there.

Previous version is cPanel 11.24.5-R38506.
    I have it set to auto upgrade to RELEASE.

/usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --force worked and updated to latest
    Thank you for the version and update setting information.

It is normal for the file "config.inc.php" to exist in the phpMyAdmin installation directory; to the best of my knowledge the file is only updated when required or when "updatephpmyadmin" is used with the force option.

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge

We had some weird issues with phpmyadmin after the latest update. Initially /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin didn't work:

root@server [/home/hardware]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin --force
    sh: patch: command not found
    phpMyAdmin updated to 2.11.10-all-languages.cp1

Simple solution was to simply install patch:

yum install patch -y

After that:

patching file config.sample.inc.php
    patching file libraries/navigation_header.inc.php
    patching file main.php

And now it works fine

cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    We had some weird issues with phpmyadmin after the latest update. Initially /usr/local/cpanel/bin/updatephpmyadmin didn't work:

sh: patch: command not found

Simple solution was to simply install patch:

yum install patch -y

After that:

patching file config.sample.inc.php
    patching file libraries/navigation_header.inc.php
    patching file main.php

And now it works fine
    Glad that your problem has been sorted out But its a bit weird thing that patch wasn't installed by default on a cPanel server.

A bit info on patch:
    Patch takes a patch file containing a difference listing produced by the diff program and applies those differences to one or more original files, producing patched versions. Normally the patched versions are put in place of the originals. The names of the files to be patched are usually taken from the patch file, but if there's just one file to be patched it can specified on the command line as original file.
    Best wishes for the festive season