Opening a ticket now...
Opening a ticket now...
Eric Caldwell - CEO
Web design, Joomla Development and Hosting
We are seeing the same issue. We are a customer of SoftLayer. Should I open a ticket with you or them?
Seeing the same issue here; we are also at SoftLayer. Problem persists after running upcp. Any fix?
There are also some reports of this problem on Webhostingtalk: Web Hosting Talk - View Single Post - cPanel updated Release. [merged]
You're absolutely not alone in this . Having the same trouble too. Both on cPanel and WHM (Look into Edit a Package) garbled text with max_list_title and so on.
Only happened on one of my server, my two other servers doesn't show any of that.
Running /scripts/upcp --force fixed it
Last edited by mangkukmerah; 04-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Were you using RVSkin on the server that had the issue on 11.32, nibin? If so, then it is an RVSkin issue. My theme using the standard x3 works without showing this issue on 11.32, so it isn't an issue with 11.32 itself, but it could well be an issue with RVSkin and 11.32
It could also be a softaculous issue. I also pointed it out to them.
I had the same issue, with X3 skin as well. I was able to fix it with a forced cPanel update.
I had the same issue with 11.32 upgrade, with Black Ice skin as well. I was able to fix it with "/scripts/upcp --force" then today its messed up again so i did a forced cPanel update and now its fixed. Never used softaculous or RVSkin. So hope this problem doesn't come back...
I am encountering the same issue. I have not used any rvskin, I only use the default x3 skin.
I'm getting texts like:
and a bunch of other rubbish texts!
This is definitely a bug with the latest update. Is there gonna be a fix soon?
IWD, how is it that /script/upcp would resolve the issue? I thought this was already done automatically every night cos this is how the cp got updated to 11.32.
/scripts/upcp --force has resolved the issue for now. I hope it does not mess up the texts again...
@ctrlplusf5 I ended up running a forced update in WHM and that has so far has resolved this issue.
This is usually an indication that your locale databases failed to build. You can force them to rebuild by running the following:
It would be advisable to open a ticket and ask to have your update logs examined to see why the locale databases couldn't be built to ensure the problem will not reoccur.Code:/usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_locale_databases
Did that and this is what i got.
Thanks,Code:root@host [~]# /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_locale_databases Updating âarâ â¦ âarâ Updating âbgâ â¦ âbgâ Updating âdeâ â¦ âdeâ Updating âelâ â¦ âelâ Updating âenâ â¦ âenâ Updating âesâ â¦ âesâ Updating âes_esâ â¦ âes_esâ Updating âfiâ â¦ âfiâ Updating âfrâ â¦ âfrâ Updating âhiâ â¦ âhiâ Updating âhuâ â¦ âhuâ Updating âi_x3_dutchâ â¦ âi_x3_dutchâ Updating âi_x3_russianâ â¦ âi_x3_russianâ Updating âidâ â¦ âidâ Updating âitâ â¦ âitâ Updating âjaâ â¦ âjaâ Updating âkoâ â¦ âkoâ Updating ânlâ â¦ ânlâ Updating ânoâ â¦ ânoâ Updating âplâ â¦ âplâ Updating âptâ â¦ âptâ Updating âpt_brâ â¦ âpt_brâ Updating âroâ â¦ âroâ Updating âruâ â¦ âruâ Updating âslâ â¦ âslâ Updating âsvâ â¦ âsvâ Updating âtrâ â¦ âtrâ Updating âzhâ â¦ âzhâ Updating âzh_cnâ â¦ âzh_cnâ root@host [~]#
Hi Todd, please feel free to open a ticket to cPanel Support if that hasn't solved this for you. From in WHM, top right corner is a Support menu. On it a link to Contact cPanel.