Thread: There is no website configured at this address.

Unhappy There is no website configured at this address.

I configured a site on CPanel.
    It is running perfectly from last 4-5 days.
    but today when I tried to open this site it displays following information
    There is no website configured at this address.

You are seeing this page because there is nothing configured for the site you have requested. If you think you are seeing this page in error, please contact the site administrator or datacenter responsible for this site.

one more thing that it is also not opening from
    http://IP(its own IP)/~username

but opeing from http://IP(root main ip)/~usernam

I want immediate help.

Neeraj

Default Re: There is no website configured at this address.

Originally posted by neeraj
    I want immediate help.
    Don't we all...

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge myusername's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Try deleting the zone from WHM, then re add it using the add a dns zone feature, associating the domain with the main server IP which will create all the entries you need.

It may take a few hours to show back up. After you do it use a web based proxy like proxify.com to see if the site came back up. If you still see not configured at your computer, but the site works via proxy then you have a bad local cache.

The other option is to just re-create or try to restore the site from backup.

If none of that works, check /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf and see if the virtual host entry for that site exists.
    Last edited by myusername; 07-06-2004 at 09:18 PM.
    GlowHost.com | Professional Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    >> Fully Managed Dedicated, Cloud VDS, Reseller & Semi-Dedicated
    >> Cloud Servers for Enterprise

And if you're really in a hurry you can always use the search function to find what you're looking for. Chances are it has already been answered 100 times.

http://forums.cpanel.net/search.php?...der=descending

Question Very Bad

After one month one reply this message.
    Although this problem solved by deleting the site from that Login (IP) and Created under another Login (i.e. IP changed).
    But Still the problem is exist.

I am again asking the experts that----------
    Sites working fine .
    but suddenly when i open the sites they gave the said messge.
    and also sites pinging to right IP.
    but not opening from browser with domain name as well as sites ip.
    now its opening from servers root IP.

Reply waited.
    Neeraj

Did you find a solution to this neeraj? Am having the same problem.
    Regards

BANNED

Check httpd.conf

Registered Member

First let me say, any time you read a post that says

"Try searching for the problem on the site, Its been asked / answered before"

This means the person posting is ignorant to the question you are asking and does not know the answer to your Q's. Or he/she is simply posting to make the post #'s by their name to increase to make it look like they are helping someone.

Just keep in mind when you see those type posts, the truth to why they were not able to assist you.

Anyways; to give you HELP on your problem....

Had the same problem, with the no site configured here being displayed instead of the sites index page.

After checking httpd.conf and double checking the DNS records for the problem domain...

I deleted the DNS entry for the domain recreated it and then restarted Bind, several minutes later the site was resolving. Seems to be a problem with the Cpanels interaction with Bind, or a corrupt DNS entry.

Either way it seems someone would give you guys a straight forward response to your problems. If any of you are still having problems with your sites, visit me at http://cnop.net and i will be more then happy to walk you through fixing your server/site problems for you.

No i dont work for Cpanel, i do outsource support and manage over a dozen linux servers for 3 different major hosting providers.
    Last edited by cybernet; 06-20-2005 at 01:54 AM.

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge myusername's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Either way it seems someone would give you guys a straight forward response to your problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by myusername
    Try deleting the zone from WHM, then re add it using the add a dns zone feature, associating the domain with the main server IP which will create all the entries you need.
    I thought I said that already?

A dozen servers does not seem like enough servers to constiture 3 major hosting companies. A dozen servers does not seem like enough servers to make up one major hosting company
    GlowHost.com | Professional Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    >> Fully Managed Dedicated, Cloud VDS, Reseller & Semi-Dedicated
    >> Cloud Servers for Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by cybernet
    First let me say, any time you read a post that says

"Try searching for the problem on the site, Its been asked / answered before"

This means the person posting is ignorant to the question you are asking and does not know the answer to your Q's. Or he/she is simply posting to make the post #'s by their name to increase to make it look like they are helping someone.

Just keep in mind when you see those type posts, the truth to why they were not able to assist you.

Anyways; to give you HELP on your problem....

Had the same problem, with the no site configured here being displayed instead of the sites index page.

After checking httpd.conf and double checking the DNS records for the problem domain...

I deleted the DNS entry for the domain recreated it and then restarted Bind, several minutes later the site was resolving. Seems to be a problem with the Cpanels interaction with Bind, or a corrupt DNS entry.

Either way it seems someone would give you guys a straight forward response to your problems. If any of you are still having problems with your sites, visit me at http://cnop.net and i will be more then happy to walk you through fixing your server/site problems for you.

No i dont work for Cpanel, i do outsource support and manage over a dozen linux servers for 3 different major hosting providers.

Scott R~
    http://cnop.net
    http://scottriggs.net
    You open up a thread that's a year old to market your "expertise"? A year ago, this question was asked almost daily for about a week. Hence the answer. If this is the most complex question you can answer after trolling the forums, good luck.

Registered Member

Actually this happened tonight to a site, and i thought i would check cpanel and tell how i fixed it on our end if someone had the same problem, This post was the first one to come up in the search that was talking about the same problem we were having. The dozen server constitutes to ones that i personally manage daily and have root access.

One company alone has over 100 cpanel licenses and around 50 plesk license, i personally do not oversee all of their network servers, as what provider would give one member of staff complete access to all systems?

We all have to pay the price to license each box, It seems cpanel would hire support to help their clients, and get rid of forum junkies who sit around saying "Search the forums" and smart remarks to members. Honestly i would have never posted here at all, but i saw the posts by casey and ...

No this post was not to "market any expertise", it was an attempt to help the people correct the problem they are having, since you were telling them to go else where to get help..

I decided to invite him to a FREE site that i own and operate with other server admins, where i know his questions would be answered and he wouldn't have to hear smart a$$ responses from people who are just typing... to make their post numbers go up.

casey, do you work for cpanel? Or you just a lonely person and like spreading bad Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by cybernet
    Actually this happened tonight to a site, and i thought i would check cpanel and tell how i fixed it on our end if someone had the same problem, This post was the first one to come up in the search that was talking about the same problem we were having. The dozen server constitutes to ones that i personally manage daily and have root access.

One company alone has over 100 cpanel licenses and around 50 plesk license, i personally do not oversee all of their network servers, as what provider would give one member of staff complete access to all systems?

We all have to pay the price to license each box, It seems cpanel would hire support to help their clients, and get rid of forum junkies who sit around saying "Search the forums" and smart remarks to members. Honestly i would have never posted here at all, but i saw the posts by casey and ...

No this post was not to "market any expertise", it was an attempt to help the people correct the problem they are having, since you were telling them to go else where to get help..

I decided to invite him to a FREE site that i own and operate with other server admins, where i know his questions would be answered and he wouldn't have to hear smart a$$ responses from people who are just typing... to make their post numbers go up.

casey, do you work for cpanel? Or you just a lonely person and like spreading bad Karma?
    I didn't tell them to go anywhere else to get help. Read the post. It has been answered in numerous threads throughout the forums, and the guy was insisting on immediate help. No, I don't work for cpanel.

Registered Member This forum account has been confirmed by cPanel staff to represent a vendor. chirpy's Avatar

cybernet,

Please refrain from abusive postings or you will be banned. Advising people to use the search on the forums is usually the best way to have them find the answers that they need and indeed how to manage their servers. Please do not:

1. Open old threads when there is no need

2. Make abusive postings about others

3. Go way off topic

Thread closed.
    Jonathan Michaelson

cPanel Server Configuration, Security and Antivirus/AntiSpam Services
    http://www.configserver.com