Thread: Timezone

Default Timezone (email and scripts)

Hello to all. I'm going to contract a reseller plan with an USA hosting company. I am from Spain and all my clients too. Is there any option in WHM to change timezone (GMT +1 in my case) for the accounts?
    If don't exist that option, what do you do (people that have a reseller plan contracted with a company that have distinct timezone) with your clients if they want to use time server in their scripts or mail service that, of course, need the time in their timezone?

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by mayorwinters; 05-06-2004 at 08:21 PM.

BANNED

Timezones seems to be all screwed up. My timezone is US/EASTERN yet when i set the server to this my timezone is off by 1hr. Its 2am here yet the server reports 1am. Unless there is another option for US/EASTERN i would like to know which option that is supposed to be.

What do you (resellers) do with this problem? What do you say to your clients when they ask you for the timezone?
    I can't beleive that cpanel or WHM don't control timezones (most of the common scripts control this and cpnel can't? )

Bye

Registered Member

Smile Server Time Zones

In root WHM the time zone can be set for the server using Server Setup/Server Time.

I don't see any way in the root WHM Resellers Center that would allow me to give resellers that option.
    Nor can I see a way of setting time zones for individual accounts. Technically, I believe, this would have to be a new feature added to individual account's Reseller WHMs/cPanels.
    Maybe a feature request might be considered by cPanel.

If clients ask about time zones (no one has up to now) I would tell them that my servers are in such and such a time zone and give details like GMT/UTC-5 etc. Not much else one could do to answer that question.

My servers, although they are physically in the US, have a time zone set to GMT/UTC+10 which is where most of my clients are located.

As admin I could set a particular server 's time zone to suit the majority of clients on that server. I could even put clients from certain time zones all on the same server/box and change the TZ of that server for them.

To do this for individual clients who have different TZs all on the same server/box would perhaps require a database and a means of updating this db so individually the TZs could be changed/synced etc. by these individual clients. Some servers have hundreds of individual clients/accounts on them and so they could possibly be utilising all the TZs in use.

In my opinion, this should be a feature included in individual Resellers WHMs and individual clients cPanels. Not sure if it would be a priority issue with cPanel though.

What dou you think about this, cpanel people?

Thanks Izzee.

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge DWHS.net's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Sounds like a great feuture request.

I think it's best to let the time be changed per control panel and per reseller. Mainly for wabalizers sake.
    Live in the moment - WebHost.pro
    Fast Web Hosting | Affiliate Program | Host Speed Test

Registered Member cPanel Partner NOC Badge
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

I second the notion heavily!