OK I had read all the threads here on upgrading mysql and other articles etc. and I was expecting a bit of a mess when we did it. It actually went very smooth/easy so I'm wondering if things have changed or if the problems are just "lunking" and have not show themselves yet.
Here is what we did:
- ran /scripts/upcp to insure everything was up to date
- went into tweak settings to change mysql for 4.0.x to 4.1.x, saved and then waited for things to run.
- checked the mysql log to insure that thing updated, they did.
- ran mysql_fix_privilege_tables to fix the permissions
At this point we assumed that php and perl/cgi would be broke. However, when we ran php -v we did not get any library errors. We looked at a few websites on the server that used php/mysql and perl/cgi/mysql and it all worked. We were quite confused at this point.
Just "to be sure" we:
- ran easyapache/rebuilt php just to insure that php was using the latest libraries
- ran /scripts/perlinstaller --force Bundle:BD::mysql to insure that perl libraries were updated.
Everything has been going smooth so far. Anyone have any comments/thoughts on a receint upgrade?