Fantastico v2.0 is released.
(if you don't know what Fantastico is, please visit http://cpanelthemes.com/fantastico.php)
You can now use a sophisticated admin panel to:
- wget the latest master tarball
- wget the latest single application tarball
- enable or disable any specific applications
- enable or disable Fantastico (this will just inform the end -user that Fantastico is currently disabled)
- You may restrict usage to specific resellers' accounts or exclude specific resellers' accounts from using Fantastico.
- You may restrict usage to specific hosting plans or exclude specific hosting plans from using Fantastico.
- You may add users to a prohibit list (no matter if other reseller or plan conditions are met) or you may enable specific users no matter if other restrictions apply
(all 3 limitations methods can be used either or. You can't use both enabled and disabled users for example)
- You can enable or disable PHPsuexec (which will chmod all files to 600 or restore original permissions).
- You can define a remote MySQL host
- And last but not least you can update the core fantastico files using fantastico admin panel itself.
Although the most important features are the administrative ones, the end user experience is also enhanced:
- multiple installations of any given application
- selection of target directory name
- selection of admin username for each application
Security enhancements include random password generation for mysql database access, avoiding link to external support forums when the current page contains mysql password in the URL (to avoid passing it throu in the Referrer - the GET method doesn't work within cpanel).
Test admin area:
Test end user interface:
SPECIAL JUST FOR 48 HOURS from now: ALL PRODUCTS GREATLY REDUCED (base license only)