Thread: Theme Changer

Registered Member

Default Theme Changer

How do I install some sort of theme changer so my users that have cpanels with ny hosting company can switch between the x, x2, x3, et cetera themes? I know it may be a strange question, but I purchased and installed VistaPanel, and I'd like my cpanel users to be able to switch out of it themselves if they don't like it, or otherwise just want to change themes on occasion from an x3 theme, to VistaPanel.

cPanel Product Evangelist Infopro's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb

If VistaPanel does not come with a way to change back to the X3 theme, you'll need to ask them about adding one.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infopro View Post
    If VistaPanel does not come with a way to change back to the X3 theme, you'll need to ask them about adding one.
    Yeah I understand that but first I need a theme changer so I can let people change TO the VistaPanel theme FROM x3. :/ That's my problem at the moment. Is there something I can install or something to let me do that?

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb

You'll still need to ask at the place you got the theme. You might try here.
    cpskins.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=37

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Infopro View Post
    You'll still need to ask at the place you got the theme. You might try here.
    cpskins.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=37
    ...why do I need to ask a third party company about something that's related to cpanel's x3 theme? I don't care about VistaPanel at the moment. I'm asking specifically and only about the x3 theme to change it to not only VistaPanel but other themes produced by cPanel. What does that have to do with VistaPanel?

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst cPanelDon's Avatar
    cPanel/WHM Access Level

DataCenter Provider

Lightbulb

The cPanel theme x3 is the latest version available; within this theme it is possible to change the look and appearance, including making x3 look like the older themes x and x2 or bluelagoon. To change the appearance of x3 this is performed by changing the theme's style, and the feature for accomplishing this task is already included in cPanel.

The "Change Style" feature is available in cPanel at the following menu path:
    cPanel: Preferences >> Change Style
    Documentation: cPanel Preferences Change Style

Please note that in the Change Style feature the style for x and x2 is collectively named "x" and the style for bluelagoon is named "blue_lagoon". Regarding a style for the monsoon theme, we are aware of the need and have the following related internal case ID: #34633

Accounts and packages that use the older themes x and x2 should be migrated to x3 using the WHM control panel via the following menu path:
    WHM: Main >> Themes >> X Skin Migration Wizard
    Documentation: WHM Themes X Skin Migration Wizard
    Last edited by cPanelDon; 11-24-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

cPanel/WHM Access Level

Root Administrator

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by akala View Post
    ...why do I need to ask a third party company about something that's related to cpanel's x3 theme? I don't care about VistaPanel at the moment. I'm asking specifically and only about the x3 theme to change it to not only VistaPanel but other themes produced by cPanel. What does that have to do with VistaPanel?
    The cPanel X3 theme already has a theme/style changer built in. My comment was directed to where ever you got the new theme from. If it has no theme changer built in, cPanel can't add one for you.

Assuming you've installed the new VistaPanel theme properly, and switched to it ok, switching back to X3 might not be an option if the VistaPanel doesn't support the option.

Make any more sense now?

Registered Member This forum account has been confirmed by cPanel staff to represent a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by akala View Post
    How do I install some sort of theme changer so my users that have cpanels with ny hosting company can switch between the x, x2, x3, et cetera themes? I know it may be a strange question, but I purchased and installed VistaPanel, and I'd like my cpanel users to be able to switch out of it themselves if they don't like it, or otherwise just want to change themes on occasion from an x3 theme, to VistaPanel.
    Hey Akala,

I have looked been looking for and asking for a theme changer to be included in cpanel for years, and at this moment there is one ONLY if logged into the account as a reseller. I am just finishing up recoding all of our skins and getting the new website ready for launch in the next 1-2 weeks (just have to finish up some coding and stuff for another control panel software) and then I will see if I can come up with some sort of plugin to get this to happen just not sure if I will be able to do it.
    William Wilson
    CPSkins.com | WHMXtra.com

Registered Member This forum account has been confirmed by cPanel staff to represent a vendor.

Hey Akala,

Just wanted to give you a quick update that I have asked my dev team at WHMXtra to create a Theme Changer Plugin and they said they should have it ready by the weekend.
    William Wilson

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSkins.com View Post
    Hey Akala,

Just wanted to give you a quick update that I have asked my dev team at WHMXtra to create a Theme Changer Plugin and they said they should have it ready by the weekend.
    Hallelujah! Thank you so much! I was about to ask your cpskins.com about it xD -new customer on cpskins, recently purchased vistapanel, is the person that's been corresponding on behalf of SpleafNet Labs- x3

Hey akala,

Well my dev guys at WHMXtra have come through for me again. They have just finished the theme changer as a cpanel plugin. It is hardcoded to only switch between cpanel default skins and all skins offered at CPSkins.

I will send you a pm with the install command so your customers can now switch on there own from X3 to Vista Panel or any of our skins. In terms of being able to switch back from Vista Panel back to x3 for example you will have to manually add a link until we re-launch our site in coming weeks and release updates to all of our cpanel skins.
    William Wilson

Registered Member

Hey, CPSkins, when is Windows7panel coming?

Quote Originally Posted by radeonpower View Post
    Hey, CPSkins, when is Windows7panel coming?
    That actually is planned for after the relaunch of our site lol Thank you for reminding me I want to figure out something for Mac OSX also
    William Wilson