1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

creating email accounts from ssh

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by pasqd3, Feb 26, 2011.

1. pasqd3

pasqd3 New Member

Hello

I have a list like 200 accounts name and passes to create in cpanel, Its on one user (in the same domain). Is it possible to create them from ssh ? Doing it via control panel would be a real pain...

2. vanessa

vanessa Member

Well, email accounts are stored in /home/$user/etc/$domain/passwd with an associated shadow file in the same folder. So I assume if you can match the formats and hash the passwords (there are perl scripts that can do that), it should work just fine.

A while back a cpanel staff member wrote a PHP class to let you access API/API2 functions, so if you're proficient in programming you may be able to use it. I don't recall where it is exactly, but I think this is it:

XML API PHP class version 1.0 - cPanel Integration

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

While the API would be a good way to perform this, there is a script in /scripts/ directory that is /scripts/addpop that has these arguments to create working email accounts:

Code:
    /scripts/addpop emailuser@domain.com password quota
    Here emailuser is the email username, domain.com is the domain name, password is the email account password, and quota is the size in MB for the email account. You could run a loop through a list of email accounts in a text file to then run the script and have all of these created that way.

4. ryan4021

ryan4021 New Member

The SSH script worked PERFECTLY for creating an account. Is there a similar script function for removing a pop account? Thanks!

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

Hello,

Such a script does exist. It is the following:

Code:
    /scripts/delpop emailuser@domain.com
    Simply replace emailuser@domain.com with the email address to remove.

Thanks!