1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domain has exceeded the max defers and failures per hour (5/5 (100%))

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by brownsmart, Jan 9, 2013.

1. brownsmart

brownsmart New Member

Hi guys,

2 Problems I have

1. The past few days I have been getting a lot of emails from client saying they cant send emails and when they do they get this message:

There where no limits set up to begin with, basic packages with unlimited emails per hour.

I have found the post that explains "/var/cpanel/email_send_limits/" and deleting the max_deferail_domain. file but it keeps coming back after a few minutes.

2. Mail Queue Manager:

Unable to deliver emails and get "No Route To Host" error message on all the emails I try to push along in the queue.

Some advice would be much appreciated, I have also opened a ticket about this issue!

2. celiac101

celiac101 Member

This is happening to me also. I have tried everything. I originally set tweak settings maxemailsperhour to 25%, then changed to unlimited, but the block keeps happening. I even deleted the max_deferfail_domain.com file created in /var/cpanel/email_send_limits/ but it keeps getting re-created. I may resort to a cron running every minute to delete this file...help!

3. celiac101

celiac101 Member

FYI: I have a 2nd cpanel server and found that in the files under /var/cpanel/email_send_limits/cache they have "0" and don't have any issues, where the problem server has "unlimited". I have changed this to see if it works, but to me it looks like a bug.

4. celiac101

celiac101 Member

This did not work...the file keeps coming back and deletes all email sent by the domain...

#4 celiac101, Jan 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. celiac101

celiac101 Member

I think I finally figured this out, and want to help the next poor person afflicted by this. I to still think it is a bug, but you decide. My ISP who put this server together put in a bad DNS entry in /etc/resolv.conf, or their DNS just has issues...not sure which. So I had my two DNS server IP's and their bad on in that file for "nameserver" in that file. Once I replaced their DNS entry with google's 8.8.8.8 everything worked fine, and the blocks stopped happening.

Now here is the question. If I mark the percentage of bounce emails per domain to unlimited in Tweak Settings, which I did, this block still should not take place. Unlimited should mean unlimited. I think this is a Cpanel bug.