1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error log: PHP curl error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyberchimps, May 11, 2011.

1. cyberchimps

cyberchimps New Member

I've been getting the following error in my error logs all over my server:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_curl.dll' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/php_curl.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
    I honestly have no idea how to resolve this, if someone could point me in the right direction or provide a solution that would be awesome.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

Please check for an empty "extension =" line in /usr/local/lib/php.ini file:

Code:
    grep ^extension /usr/local/lib/php.ini
    If you find an empty line where nothing is after the = (equal sign), then comment out the line:

Code:
    ;extension =
    Of note, if you are using the PHP Configuration Editor in WHM to make changes to the php.ini file, there are two internal cases (46972 and 47683) about this editor in WHM causing issues with the php.ini file. Please do not use the WHM > PHP Configuration Editor to make changes to the php.ini file. Instead please directly edit php.ini in root SSH until those cases are in the existing version of cPanel that you are using.

You can view the changelog to see when a case has gone into an existing version at Change Logs

You can see the existing versions for each tier at Downloads - cPanel Inc.

You can determine your version on the machine by issuing this command:

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version

3. cyberchimps

cyberchimps New Member

Thank you for the reply.

I checked my php.ini file (which I always edit by hand), and found no empty extensions.

I'm confused as to why it's trying to call php_curl.dll and php_openssl.dll, this is a Linux server so shouldn't it be calling files with .so extensions?

I just rebuilt Apache for the third time, making sure to include support for curl and curl ssl and all that good stuff, so I'm not sure why I'm continuing to have these issues. Any ideas?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

Did someone uncomment those dll files in the php.ini file? Check for php_curl.dll and php_openssl.dll file in the /usr/local/lib/php.ini file, then ensure that line is commented out. If it isn't, comment it out.