1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to swap main domain with addon domain ???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by madnoob, Mar 15, 2010.

1. madnoob

madnoob New Member

I am a newbie using cPanel. I am currently using Linux server. I would like to swap the old main domain with the addon domain. I also want to hide the old main domain since I don't want it to appear to the public. Can anyone teach me how to do it ??

2. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Remove the "addon" domain from the account and then rename the main domain to what was previously the add-on domain.

Note however that Cpanel has had a problem for a number of years where it does not update everything that needs to be updated on domain name changes so to get around that problem, I usually **AFTER RENAMING** package the account (/scripts/pkgacct <user>) and then delete the account and restore the package to recreate the account which forces those items not usually updated to be updated new. Figured out this usually saves a lot of time over the manual edits that normally need to be done to get everything working 100% properly on name changes.