1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to view and open ports on cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cloferba, Nov 23, 2009.

1. cloferba

cloferba New Member

hi guys!

i´ve not idea on linux...im a completly newbie on linux, so..i installed cpanel and all works well for me..

now, i´ve downloaded cPGS to create a gameserver account on my server..and i need to open port 27015 to allow users to login into my counter strike server...

so..what are the exactly steps to open port 27015 on cpanel?

thank you very much!
    please, consider i dont know anything about linux..so..i would be very happy if somebody could write the full commands if i need to write something on the shell

thank you so much ;)

#1 cloferba, Nov 23, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Are you using a firewall? If yes, what firewall solution is being used? (e.g., manual configuration of iptables, a hardware firewall from the data center, or a third-party script such as an iptables wrapper)

Unless you're using a firewall of some sort there is no action required to utilize a custom port.

If you're using a firewall then you would need to edit the configuration of that firewall.

3. cloferba

cloferba New Member

no..im not using a firewall (or that is i believe)

i´ve only installed cpanel on my server...nothing else..

so..how can i open a port?

im on centOS

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

If no firewall is in use, such as via firewall rules in an iptables configuration, then there is no action required to allow access on a specific port.

The following command may be used to check the iptables status:
    Code:
    # /etc/init.d/iptables status
    Using the same initialization script for iptables (as seen above) it is possible to "stop" and "start" an iptables-based firewall.

If a firewall is active and assistance is needed to customize the rule set I recommend checking with the data center staff, on-site systems administrators, or server management team where applicable.