1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frane, Oct 24, 2010.

1. frane

frane New Member

Hi
    i ve bought web space and got cpanel
    how do i make forum ?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

If your host provides something like Fantastico or Softaculous, you could use one of those applications to install a forum. Otherwise, you need to pick which forum type you want to install, read their instructions on how to install it and follow those instructions. Posting on that forum's board with questions is likely the best idea for getting help.

If you want a forum like vBulletin, there's a cost associated with the software, since vBulletin has a license. If you want something free instead, you might check into SMF or phpBB, two of the more popular PHP-based forums.

3. MbahGondrong

MbahGondrong New Member

I want to use SMF, now I want to upload it to my hosting (uses cpanel). How do I do that step by step?

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Active Member
    Staff Member

The best advice I can provide here is to use their documentation on installation:

Installing SMF

You'd basically a) download the latest SMF, b) extract SMF locally, c) upload SMF to your cPanel account using FTP (it's preferable to use FTP to ensure the files have the right permissions and only the necessary files are uploaded), d) then run http://domain.com/install.php to install SMF where domain.com is your domain name.