1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

making sure php has correct permissions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EMS, Jul 30, 2003.

1. EMS

EMS BANNED

This is a newbie question.

How can I make sure that php can perform all the functions needed by scripts and temporary files etc ?

When I first installed cpanel everything was working great with PHP. I beleive suexec was installed.

The first time I ran easyapache things started to go a bit strange with PHP - some permission errors and problems writing to temp files etc.

Some of these problems were fixed by making some files world writeable. This was not required before though.

I presume that before, php was running as the user (owner) therefore the files did not need to be world writeable.(is it suexec that does this?) I need to get back to this situation asap.

What I need to know is.....

1. What happened ?
    2. What do I need to do to make sure that PHP has all the correct permissions or is running as the right user ?
    2. If the problem is with suexec ? How do I make sure its working correctly ?

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated. I'm learning Linux and so far love it - im just a bit confuzzled with some of this stuff.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. EMS

EMS BANNED

There are so many experts on here and yet noeone will answer this easy question ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: