1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PhpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by ephlox, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ephlox

ephlox Member

Hi,

I want to give mysql details to my codder. How he can access phpmyadmin via browser directly using mysql database information.

I dont want to share cpanel password with him. Your help will be appreciated thanks.

Best Regards,
    Farrukh

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

He can't. But you could setup a secondary PHPMyAdmin in a directory if you wanted to, like:

yourdomain.com/private/

Install this in there, http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

And then password protect that directory using the tools for password protect in your cPanel.

Give him access to that directory by giving him those htaccess details you setup.

Setting up PHPMyAdmin isn't too awful hard, just follow the instructions closely. ;)

3. doct66

doct66 New Member

I am trying to setup a seperate (older version) phpmyadmin for one of my shared clients. Things are going well until I've finished installing and trying to login. I use the username/pass for this client's Cpanel login and it doesn't work.

4. darren.nolan

darren.nolan Member

Their are many many settings you can setup so that you can log in as a cPanel username/password rather than a database username and password. I just installed phpMyAdmin last night, stand-alone from cPanel. Works with both cPanel & singular database details.

5. doct66

doct66 New Member

can I see your config.inc.php? I can't even login as both cpanel username/pass and a database user/pass.