1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port problems, and proxy firewalls...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jxaxmxixn, Apr 16, 2004.

1. jxaxmxixn

jxaxmxixn New Member

Okay, I think this is a pretty hot topic... It seems that a lot of users are having trouble because they are stuck behind firewalls that won't allow them the access of cPanel on certain ports. Also, a lot of servers are having the same kind of problems themselves. Does anybody know what cPanel is doing to fix all these problems. I'm sure cPanel could make a lot more money $$ if they got these problems fixed asap. Can you (cPanel) make the use of many ports at once by a server possible, or even take the whole port access away entirely? Good luck guys...

2. eth00

eth00 Member

What ports are the firewalls breaking? If you are behind a very restrictive firewall there is not much cpanel can do. Most highly restricted websites only have a few or just port 80 open and you need more then that. I guess you could setup some proxy solution if you really wanted to get it working. Most people who have extensive firewalls like that are at work or school anyways, I don't know what home user would have that!

*edit*
    http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

That would also be something that could be implemented into cpanel or just run yourself if you have those issues.

#2 eth00, Apr 16, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2004
  3. jxaxmxixn

jxaxmxixn New Member

Thank you!!!

Although I have not yet got the proxy to work properly to my needs, I'm sure I'll be able to shortly. Thanks to you I have also found a link to http://xav.com which will auto install the script for you (worked great!). And for an FTP uploading problem I have, I also had Genesis auto installed. Which is a great managing utility. If anybody else is having problems, this could be your answer (not for the complete novice though).

4. projectandrew

projectandrew Member