1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible security issues

Discussion in 'Security' started by rfws03, Nov 11, 2004.

1. rfws03

rfws03 New Member

Sorry, I hate to bring this up but a user on our shared hosting network brought some security information to my attention, nothing that's going to cause any severe problems within minutes of it being posted as far as I can see and pretty readily available, but I just wanted to check and see if these could be genuine security issues and if so when we can expect to see them fixed. Thanks for your help :)

2. chirpy

chirpy Super Moderator

Some of those are false-positives (port 6666 for example). The others are either false-positives or are specific to your users site or customers scripts that they have installed. Nessus, while it has its place in vulnerability testing, is pretty stupid, as any remote testing tools is, and the results have to be filtered through your knowledge and investigation of its reports.

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

It's your server you fix them.
    Last I looked cPanel doesn't do IRC. (to name one of your problems not belonging to cpanel.)

4. fikse

fikse Member

looks like a few false positives..... but some of those scritps should be checked....

this site is a vulnerability database based on nessus, so you can search and find the specifics of each one...

http://www.vulnerabilityscanning.com/