1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to PHP 5.4

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by tmorton2, Dec 11, 2012.

1. tmorton2

tmorton2 New Member

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would post this because I just spent a few hours tracking this down: If you currently have a version of PHP 5 configured on your server with register_globals enabled in php.ini, PHP 5.4 will fail silently. I had PHP 5.3 with register_globals enabled (had an osCommerce install), and after I built PHP 5.4.9 through EasyApache, WHM did not detect any version of PHP, and so I couldn't activate it in the Confiure PHP screen. Running `php --version` from the command line produced no output.

Eventually I found that /home/cpeasyapache/src/error_log contained "[11-Dec-2012 01:47:54 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Directive 'register_globals' is no longer available in PHP in Unknown on line 0". I edited /usr/local/lib/php.ini, removed register_globals, and everything started working perfectly.

Just a heads up!

2. kernow

kernow Member

Just upgraded to php 5.4 using suhosin dev version but getting error about missing imagick
    Code:
    pecl install imagick
    fails with loads of errors.
    So found it in no-debug-non-zts-20090626 and cp to no-debug-non-zts-20100525 restarted Apache, but no imagick.so error still there.

#2 kernow, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012