1) In WHM make sure you have properly set A record for Hostname.
2) Ping your server hostname from your computer. See if you are getting reply from your server IP.
3) Are you using any third party DNS service like cloudFlare??
Sorry, if I wasn't clear in last post.
Suppose, I have moved all websites from 184.108.40.206 -> 220.127.116.11
But server's main IP is still 18.104.22.168
I want to know, if attackers attacks server main IP 22.214.171.124 using some DDoS software.
will it affect server load. Or will there will be very minute load...
Thank you for clarifying this :)
I have one more doubt.
Will changing IP of all websites to 126.96.36.199 (ddos protected IP) enable DDoS protection to my complete VPS.
As this will not change server main IP. And server will continue using 188.8.131.52 as main IP.
I have a VPS with two IP.
Let's say these IPs are
184.108.40.206 -> server main IP + ns1.domain.com
220.127.116.11 -> ns2.domain.com
I got a new IP to my VPS which is DDoS protected. Let's say the new IP is
Are you using cPanel new backup system with option checked Retain backups in the default backup directory??
Are both local and FTP backups created using automated cPanel backup system configured at:
WHM Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration
Are you trying to install cPanel on a Dedicated server OR VPS??
These tutorials may help you:
1) Installation Guides
As I can see you are a total newbie related to server management.
I suggest you to:
1) Upgrade / transfer to a fully managed cPanel server.
2) Hire a server administrator to setup these settings on your server.
3) Ask for support from your hosting provider. Generally all hosting...
Are you sure its sendmail that causing problem.
Try top command in SSH
Also, what is max mails per hour limit in your WHM Home >> Tweak settings >> Mails
And how many mails you have in WHM Home >> Email >> Mail Queue Manager