The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1-click Unsubscribe from Mailman Lists

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by davetanguay, Mar 21, 2012.

1. davetanguay

davetanguay Active Member

I'm trying to help a customer setup a 1-click Unsubscribe link in the footer of emails that are sent to their mailing lists within cPanel > Mailing Lists

I tried to follow the instructions at Modwest FAQ and Knowledge Base - How do I make a one-click unsubscribe link in Mailman? but there is no such option "personalize to yes or full personalization" within the Non-digest options.

We tried to upgrade mailman but it says it is the newest version.

Within Non-digest options I do see "Footer added to mail sent to regular list members" so I entered the following:

========================
    One-click Unsubscribe:
    %(user_optionsurl)s?unsub=1&unsubconfirm=1
    ========================

When I try to save the settings it returns the error:

============
    Warning: The following illegal substitution variables were found in the msg_footer string: user_optionsurl
    Your list may not operate properly until you correct this problem.
    ============

I also see at Mailing List Unsubscribe Option - TotalChoice Hosting Family Forums they suggest the same for a cPanel server but it doesn't work on ours.

We are using the following:

WHM 11.30.6 (build 4)
    CENTOS 6.2 x86_64 standard on cpanel10

Any ideas how to get a 1-click Unsubscribe link in the footer of all emails that are sent to a mailman list? I would have thought by now mailman would include this feature as default.

Also we've received some Feedback Loop Reports from AOL but AOL removes the recipient's address for privacy concerns. Normally we can search in the /var/log/exim_mainlog for the message ID but when emails are sent using cPanel > Mailing List it only sends them in 1 message (with 1 message ID) to multiple recipients.

There's no way to determine exactly which AOL user marked the message as spam so we can remove them from the list. This only happens with mailman lists or if a customer sends a single message and BCC's the recipients.

Any ideas how we can determine which AOL user is marking the emails as spam?

Can mailman be changed so individual emails (separate messages IDs) are sent out to each recipient? This way we can check the exim_mainlog for the message ID and remove the recipient from the list.

From what I can see mailman needs a major overhaul to keep up with network providers' Feedback Loop services.

Any ideas or suggestions for any of the above?

2. rgyure

rgyure Member