The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 cPanel + 2 Servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by souzafo, Mar 24, 2012.

1. souzafo

souzafo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm installing on a cPanel server, but wanted him to manage the e-mail on another server. That is my topology would be a server with cPanel and the other with only e-mail, but cPanel Manages the creation of mailbox and so on. Is it possible?

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    1)If there are two servers A and B. Domain is physically present on server A and wish to use mailserver on B.
    In this situation create mailbox on another server which you wish to use as mail server. If it is cPanel server then you will have to add domain in localdomains.

Secondly point MX records of the domain to IP of the mail server (Server B)

2)Remove domain from /etc/localdomains from server A and add it into /etc/remotedomains.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You would need to copy /home/username/etc/domain.com/ and /home/username/mail/domain.com files whenever a new email account is created to ensure that the password login credentials and email boxes are created on server B (the email server). Without it having cPanel, this becomes more cumbersome, since you could have used the API for email account creation to create a duplicate account on the email server. Without that being used (and assuming you are using exim + dovecot / courier like cPanel does), you'll have to manually copy over the email accounts instead using a self created script.

I highly suggest taking this request to the developers section. I'd be happy to move it there for you.