Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

10,000 users on squirelmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by tomhlglan, Oct 8, 2005.

1. tomhlglan

tomhlglan Registered

How many active users can cpanel host for webmail access using squirrelmail on say a dual 3ghz P4 w/2gb ram and a 10k raid5 array? What kind of hardware configuration would you recommend to maximize the number of webmail users for a single domain hosted on cpanel? These users might check their mail once or twice a day.

2. Xenon101

Xenon101 Well-Known Member

For a single domain you'd be better not paying for cPanel and installing the opensource software yourself for free!

10,000 users, twice a day, thats 20,000 requests a day. A server of that spec should cover that fine i would presume.

3. jester.ro

jester.ro Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    well, i have 26.000 users on a tualatin 1.13 Ghz, 1 gb ram and 2 x 160 Gb hdd (PATA)

but i'm not using cpanel, it's slackware + qmail +courier + squirrel.

works perfect, load average 0.5-0.8, only during backup hours it goes to 1.5-2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...