100's of accounts transfered with empty databases then phpadmin brakes FML

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Re: 100's of accounts transfered with empty databases then phpadmin brakes

Hello :)

I highly suggest opening a support ticket for this issue if you continue to experience problems:

Submit A Ticket

This will allow us to investigate and determine the exact reason why the transfer failed.

Thank you.

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

Hello,

It's unfortunate you had issues with account transfers to a new machine. Without more details, though, it would be difficult to help you figure out what isn't working properly.

Is MySQL running on both machines and is root user able to access?

Code:
ps aux | grep mysql
mysql
If MySQL is running properly, review the transfer log in WHM > Transfers > Review Copied Accounts > View Log link for one of the accounts to see if any errors show there. If they do, please provide the error message here.

Thanks!

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter

Hello,

It's unfortunate you had issues with account transfers to a new machine. Without more details, though, it would be difficult to help you figure out what isn't working properly.

Is MySQL running on both machines and is root user able to access?

Code:
ps aux | grep mysql
mysql
If MySQL is running properly, review the transfer log in WHM > Transfers > Review Copied Accounts > View Log link for one of the accounts to see if any errors show there. If they do, please provide the error message here.

Thanks!
The server I'm transferring from gives this:

[[email protected] ~]# ps aux | grep mysql
root 3244 0.0 0.0 6216 1228 ? S 2011 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/dwhsxx1.dwhs.net.pid
mysql 3288 1.0 3.3 204648 103080 ? Sl 2011 1150:45 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/dwhsxx1.dwhs.net.pid --skip-external-locking --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
root 9469 0.0 0.0 3952 648 pts/0 S+ 15:41 0:00 grep mysql

And the new server gives this:

root 28115 0.0 0.0 4100 1116 ? S Jan04 0:00 /bin/sh /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/dwhsxx2.dwhs.net.pid
mysql 28188 0.5 1.0 118796 21784 ? Sl Jan04 7:29 /usr/sbin/mysqld --basedir=/ --datadir=/var/lib/mysql --user=mysql --log-error=/var/lib/mysql/dwhsxx2.dwhs.net.err --pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/dwhsxx2.dwhs.net.pid --socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
root 31368 0.0 0.0 4680 660 pts/0 S+ 15:43 0:00 grep mysql

I'm going to try the transfer again, every mysql database did not transfer.

The transfer log says it went fine:

Restoring MySQL databases....
Done
Restoring database charlesy_wrdp3......
Done
Restoring database charlesy_wrdp2......
Done
Done
Done

But the databases are all empty. Basically the tables did not transfer but the databases and users did.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

I have a ticket in BTW but no response yet from yesterday.
Could you let us know the ticket number so we can check on the status?

Thank you.

Brian

Dec 1, 2010
Texas
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

Just updating this thread in case any folks searching through threads in the future encounter this and wondered what the solution was to this issue. A bogus/bad custom configuration existed in /etc/my.cnf that was causing mysqldump to fail. Since mysqldump failed, no MySQL data was ever backed up.

The solution was to remove the bogus/bad custom configuration out of /etc/my.cnf and re-transfer the accounts.

Example:
Code:
# mysqldump user_db > user_db.sql
mysqldump: unknown variable 'quickmax_allowed_packet=16M'
To protect against this issue, simply double-check that any customizations made to /etc/my.cnf are syntactically correct and comply with the MySQL version that you're using (flags/options CAN change from MySQL version to version).