In Progress 102 EDGE Version new whm theme

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'll pass that along!
I already get an X when I mouse over or when I start to type in chrome browser
and I believe with my Macbook pro safari ?
Screenshot 2022-05-06 165815.jpg

SimpleTechGuy

Mar 22, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I already get an X when I mouse over or when I start to type in chrome browser
You are absolutely right, the X is there for me on Chromium Linux as well, good eye. So far I'm only seeing the problem of Firefox, even tried a clean install but no joy. Don't use windows so can't test that. Is it possible for you to check Firefox on your machine?
Version 102.0.14

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You are absolutely right, the X is there for me on Chromium Linux as well, good eye. So far I'm only seeing the problem of Firefox, even tried a clean install but no joy. Don't use windows so can't test that. Is it possible for you to check Firefox on your machine?
Version 102.0.14
I will try Firefox and report back

Reactions: SimpleTechGuy

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Reactions: SimpleTechGuy

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Yeah, so far as we can tell it's just a nuance of how Firefox implemented <search> input fields. We're likely going to manually implement that (x) behavior so that it's consistent across all browsers...but that's only the current thinking. Dev team is cranking on it right now so the resolution may change a bit as they work.

Mise

May 15, 2011
missing the whole sidebar in Mozilla 75. It seems the css section is not loaded according source page view.

vicm

Registered
May 18, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I've searched "whm jupiter scrollbar" but see no reference. I've just tonight had the new theme foisted on me by my hosting provider and it has made one task nearly impossible. I compared side-by-side with another client's WHM. In paper lantern, the horizontal scrollbar was fixed to the bottom of the screen, not to the bottom of the page, as it is now. In "List Account" view, you can't scroll to the side to see all columns without first scrolling to the bottom of the page, scrolling right, and then scrolling up. Aaarghh! I typically have at least 30 accounts listed at a time, so it forces this crazy behaviour. The problem's exacerbated by the additional 40px or so width in the left sidebar.

vicm

Registered
May 18, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
@vicm - I replied to another user about this issue just a bit ago here: Problems with new layout

Can you let me know what your ideal solution to that would be?
With the previous theme, the scrollbar was fixed to the bottom of the screen, so as you scrolled down the account list, it stayed at the bottom. That did the trick well enough before. Screenshot attached. Thanks!

Attachments

Mise

May 15, 2011
@Mise - I use Firefox exclusively and haven't seen any issues on the various operating systems I use. Could you try a different machine or possibly clearing your cache?
What version are you using?.

In this portion of the source code of the webpage, the #shadow-root don't appears. This appears in Chrome.
I believe it belongs to JS YUI libraries. It seems from that JS execution the sidebar is loaded.

Code:
        <div id="glass-navbar-overlay"></div>
<!-- Global Banner -->

<aside id="cp-main-menu-container" class="cp-layout-main-menu">
<cp-main-menu logo-alt-text="WebHost Manager Logo"></cp-main-menu>

#shadow-root (missing here)

</aside>
I know the browser is not new although the previous WHM worked perfectly. I believe the YUI 2.9.0 of this new WHM is compatible with old browsers, I suppose it should work.
Hope it helps

martin MHC

Sep 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please can WHM expand the content boxes in the sub sections to fill the space, currently about 20 percent of the screen space (vertically) is empty and this is especially inconvenient when the content box could fit on the screen without needing to scroll if expanded to fit the browser space.

image for example:

Attachments

May 21, 2021
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
@martin MHC - I don't have hardly any empty space on my personal machine. Could it be your monitor's resolution?

View attachment 78013
Excuse me, are you editing or did you create the themes in the notebook? Here even the JetBackup plugin on the cell phone looks strange. I have a 25 inch monitor and I see the same image he showed.

It is not only this, there are other fields like this.

Attachments