In Progress 102 EDGE Version new whm theme

antonJetApps

Verifed Vendor
Jun 8, 2020
California, U.S.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Excuse me, are you editing or did you create the themes in the notebook? Here even the JetBackup plugin on the cell phone looks strange. I have a 25 inch monitor and I see the same image he showed.

It is not only this, there are other fields like this.
I'd rather keep this discussion focused on cPanel and WHM itself rather than any addons, but maybe @antonJetApps has some ideas on that layout issue.
I'm interested in that. Maybe a new thread?
Hi @cPRex @DELTA SERVERS iNC @stormy,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'll keep it brief to stay on topic, we were able to replicate this on our end and have opened up an issue to address the mobile layout in JetBackup 5.

Thank you.

webstyler

Nov 20, 2003
OMG
other server, same WHM/cPanel versione, jetbackup v.4 show under plugin
.. ??
how to solve?
we need to check "all" servers???

Bakugan

Jan 5, 2022
Eua
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
2 months have passed since my last interaction
Jupiter remains the same theme without access to customizations.

2 months and no useful update, 104 is a shame nor should it be considered an update.

At least release the full documentation so we can customize Jupiter and fix this lousy work done by cpanel.

uk01

Dec 31, 2009
Th
2 months have passed since my last interaction
Jupiter remains the same theme without access to customizations.

2 months and no useful update, 104 is a shame nor should it be considered an update.

At least release the full documentation so we can customize Jupiter and fix this lousy work done by cpanel.
They are still busy patting themselves on the back thinking they’ve done a good job

looks like the dev did a mornings work adding search back into whm nav bar, then tacked the load onto the end of the new header not sure what else

the icons in Jupiter Cpanel look like 1980s 2 colour line drawings!

vf-hostmaster

Dec 27, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Th

They are still busy patting themselves on the back thinking they’ve done a good job

looks like the dev did a mornings work adding search back into whm nav bar, then tacked the load onto the end of the new header not sure what else

the icons in Jupiter Cpanel look like 1980s 2 colour line drawings!
I knew I wasn't crazy... this is horrid.... I can't do it much longer

Reactions: cetiner

Bakugan

Jan 5, 2022
Eua
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I have the feeling that cpanel has a very reduced team, if you notice this in the delay of support calls, I have some that took more than 8 hours for the first communication, that being (priority)

I just can't understand how plesk, which is smaller than cpanel and belongs to the same group, manages to develop so much faster than cpanel.
Plesk's support is much faster and doesn't even compare, apart from the fact that it even has chat.

I feel like cpanel is ignoring all feedback about jupiter and doing its own thing.
Regarding the designer, the icons are very poorly made and with an aesthetic that was made in a hurry.
Jupiter's structure has the same bugs as the previous paper version, so I have the question they didn't do anything from scratch, they just repaired it and put a bandage saying it's something new.
Cpanel loses more and more customers every day, and they insist on ignoring the community, after I saw OVH stop recommending cpanel I already saw that from now on it's just downhill.

Reactions: cetiner

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm sorry to hear about the delay in the support request response. A priority ticket should not be sitting for that long before a reply, so if you have a specific ticket number I'd be happy to look into that particular issue for you.

I do see that OVH still has many cPanel offerings, as well as a specific guide for developing VPS servers with cPanel:

While we can't always make every change that users want, I thought this thread was a good example of us reacting directly to customer requests, as many things had been modified or added (or removed) directly according to user feedback.

cetiner

Dec 24, 2018
turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
While we can't always make every change that users want, I thought this thread was a good example of us reacting directly to customer requests, as many things had been modified or added (or removed) directly according to user feedback.
Okay @cPRex, you're right, cPanel can't always do what users want.

BUT did the users want this cruel, horrible, really derogatory, eye-cancer causing new design? Your old design was the BEST in the whole industry!
It made you big. I hope for you that it will not make you small.

Because it's just been taken away from us.
Shame on the person(s) with the idea for the new design. For real !

I no longer get new cPanel licenses. It's all over. Time for competition has come.

martin MHC

Sep 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
BUT did the users want this cruel, horrible, really derogatory, eye-cancer causing new design? Your old design was the BEST in the whole industry!
It made you big. I hope for you that it will not make you small.
While I REALLY don't like the new design, I do feel that this post is touching if not crossing the line. The new design is NOT "eye cancer", as anyone who has had eye cancer will attest. The new design IS really, really weak from a logistical and implementation (and style and design) point of view.

The design is not really "Cruel" as anyone whose suffered torture in guantanamo or at the hands of US troops amongst other "free radicals" may attest, but yes the whole implementation of this change by CPanel has been very, VERY poorly thought through and seems far too early to be in release tier.

But this is almost certainly not Rex's fault and probably not something that can be blamed on anyone at CPanel who touches these forums.

What we as the customer base need to do is ensure that constructive criticsm is fed back to those who did make this decision,

Thanks.

cetiner

Dec 24, 2018
turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What we as the customer base need to do is ensure that constructive criticsm
Ahh.... I'll give you constructive criticism
I am using superlative terms, as you have well recognized.
And one more thing about "Cruel": I hope you don't get ideas like "war crimes", "shameful deeds", "Iraq war".
You better be factual. Because you use the argumentation technique of exemplary objectification to neutralize mine again.

Nevertheless:
it is and remains a subjectively felt wrong decision by cPanel, a backward development in terms of design.
it bothers a lot of people working with cPanel. Everyone can see this on the forums. Even very many.

Again" it ruins your eyes, your mood
=====
.... if you get a thick blue bar printed on the left side, with white writing. and if you use a rescue via dark mode reader - not even that can handle it and rewrite the colors. cPanel Designer: Bad job!

Never (!!!) change a running system. DO NOT TOUCH IT!

The customer base
==================
.... probably already submitted tons of information via the WHM feedback form, my friend.

A real outcry immediately went through the cPanel world. I'm really a big fan of cPanel, the company founder that changed the world behind the server scenes. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. I grew up with it.

But all the reactions -
=====================
.... did it bring anything? no. The company is not responding (as some here before me have written in the post) with a solution FOR ALL. Design selection Old/New is a compromise that satisfies ALL. Why doesn't that get through to the right decision-makers and when it does, why does it take so long for THE RIGHT PERSON to say: We'll just do it!

And yes, you are right -
===================
....it makes no sense to burden the competent (!!) staff here in the forum with it. These cannot change anything. and one or the other cPanel employee will certainly like the old design with the classic colors like light grey, grey, dark grey, white, and orange much better.

martin MHC

Sep 14, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cetiner , please don't misconstrue my message; I do totally agree with your core views about the (many, various) issue and problems with Jupitar theme, but I doesn't agree that throwing around superlative terms helps develop or progress resolution to the issues we can see . Infact using superlative terms can be counterproductive as both the people who do enjoy the new theme may disqualify your legitimate core view because the superlative terms used are so easy to counter.

Thank you.

cetiner

Dec 24, 2018
turkey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cetiner , please don't misconstrue my message; I do totally agree with your core views about the (many, various) issue and problems with Jupitar theme, but I doesn't agree that throwing around superlative terms helps develop or progress resolution to the issues we can see . Infact using superlative terms can be counterproductive as both the people who do enjoy the new theme may disqualify your legitimate core view because the superlative terms used are so easy to counter.

Thank you.
But you don't give up either :-D