In Progress 102 EDGE Version new whm theme

Scootie

Feb 16, 2020
Romania
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
While I REALLY don't like the new design, I do feel that this post is touching if not crossing the line. The new design is NOT "eye cancer"
I'm sorry but I agree that the new design is simply eye cancer. I have blue eyes and blue eyes are specifically more sensible to light colours of which Jupiter has a lot of in ton of bad supplies.

I'd really wish Cpanel would take in effect this side of the problem too. There are people sensible to bright colours and we need something more darker, not as dark as the Papern Lantern Dark Theme but close to it.

vf-hostmaster

Dec 27, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cetiner - besides "bring back the old theme" what would you like to see changed?
I would like to see the new theme and WHM interface have it's color scheme changed to the same one that was used in the previous design. Everything that has been said is true... this design is an eye sore for sure... right down to the color scheme

Reactions: cPRex

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I know the team is aware of the darkness/contrast issues in the left sidebar. There are various options they are exploring internally that would help fix this, or possibly allow users to choose their own settings, but it hasn't been officially decided what the plan will be so I don't have anything to share just yet.

vf-hostmaster

Dec 27, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I know the team is aware of the darkness/contrast issues in the left sidebar. There are various options they are exploring internally that would help fix this, or possibly allow users to choose their own settings, but it hasn't been officially decided what the plan will be so I don't have anything to share just yet.
Is the old design being considered? The people's desires are being voiced. Is the old design or color scheme offensive to cPanel in some way?

vf-hostmaster

Dec 27, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@[email protected] - "the old design" in regards to what, the color palette?
I suppose I would like to further expand the question. Is the old color scheme being considered for WHM? Is the cPanel level Paper Lantern theme design being considered for recreation in some way or as a reference for a future design? The reason I ask is that I think the main issue is most people are extremely dissatisfied with the design changes in both WHM and cPanel account level areas. Since you already had a solution that people really liked and the industry happily adopted, it would make sense to reference those successful designs or attempt to reincorporate them in some way, and indeed this seems to be what people are calling for.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Is the old color scheme being considered for WHM?
I'm not sure on this one - we're considering various options, including providing some color choices to end-users.

Is the cPanel level Paper Lantern theme design being considered for recreation in some way or as a reference for a future design?
Not really - we're moving away from that as much as we can.

It's important to note that feedback is an odd thing. In general, reviews of any product or overwhelmingly negative, as people that have a good experience, or even just a "functional" experience, don't feel the need to reach out. They found a product, the product did what the user wanted, and they moved on with their life.

It's also worth noting that the now-beloved Paper Lantern/X3 faced extremely similar backlash when it was released many years ago. Everyone was comfortable with X and had custom skins and why aren't those compatible - basically word-for-word what we're seeing with Jupiter now.

While there's definitely been negative feedback around Jupiter, there were also many complaints for years about Paper Lantern/X3. The main two being "it looks old" and "it's a massive sea of icons that confuses users." Is Jupiter where we want it to be yet? After all the feedback we've received, definitely not, but it's going to be getting continual updates just like the other themes did over their very long run.

vf-hostmaster

Dec 27, 2021
United States
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Why are you moving away from that as much as you can? Finally, based on the way you described how cPanel views feedback... I am far less likely to provide it. You shouldn't ignore the people giving feedback based on voices that are not speaking. I'm inclined to just delete this account and move on, this is clearly a waste of time.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm sorry the feedback portion came across that way, as it should have been the opposite. There are many examples throughout this thread where both myself and the developers have directly taken provided feedback and applied it to Jupiter. I'm just saying that everyone needs to be cautious when reviewing public feedback as it always tends toward the negative side.

Mise

May 15, 2011
I'm not sure on this one - we're considering various options, including providing some color choices to end-users.
well, it is a fact that big companies like the case of Google or Apple are expending a lot of money to study such things even putting cables in the heads of their guinea pigs. They are quite conservative in their design and are preserving the colours in icons like many years ago. Minimalist designs are very nice for a website but no really useful for a more intensive use. It can become more uncomfortable and slower. Just a view...