cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I realize https://blog.cpanel.com/jupiter-version-102-and-you/ is a bit vague in terms of what specifically we're doing with your feedback, so I'll go into detail a bit for the curious. (Yes, I did swipe this from my post over on the related Feature Request thread.)

We're spending the additional time to pursue the following things (unordered list):
  • Reschedule the debut of the deprecation message in Paper Lantern to much later this year.
  • Remove the Solutions section from Jupiter :2083 entirely until an upcoming project can fully realize the guided assistance features and customization features.
  • Increase the supported sizes of your company logo in Jupiter :2083.
  • Provide the means to inject your custom content into areas throughout Jupiter :2083 much the same way as in Paper Lantern.
  • Restore the left navigation to WHM and address scrolling/positional bugs.
  • Enhance the new icon set with thicker lines and more color.
  • Provide the means to personalize the Top Tools section of WHM's index.
  • Provide load averages and other server statistics directly on the WHM index page, turning the page into more of a dashboard.
  • Provide a UI inside WHM which facilitates basic customization of cpanel :2083).
Additionally, we are addressing a blockage in our translation pipeline which will increase the number of strings sent off for translation nearly double. Expect finished translation in later releases as translators finish their work.
We've worked with our release teams to set these changes up to arrive in our EDGE and CURRENT tiers as soon as they are ready. If you're not already evaluating builds from those tiers, please give them a try so that we can get your feedback as we move quickly through this list!

We'll have more to share about Paper Lantern in the next week or two.

Last edited:

Bogdan I.

Sep 28, 2021
Romania
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
@Bogdan I. - I forgot to mention that version 94 is the current LTS, which doesn't have Jupiter, so you could stay on that for a while. However, I would anticipate that 102 becomes the next LTS at some point this year, but that will be after it has been in Stable for a while. So you can still stay on LTS for a bit and not be forced into the new theme just yet.
Not sure how that will fix the issue at hand.

STABLE is at 100 right now. There is no way to downgrade to 94. The next STABLE is supposed to be 102.

The timing is just bad.

The "proper" workflow when doing such drastic UI changes would have been to:
  • make the current STABLE (100) LTS
  • introduce WHM Jupiter, cPanel Jupiter in 102 as alternatives, so you can gather feedback
  • mark paper_lantern (cpanel) and x (WHM) as deprecated
That way, everyone who is rolling STABLE could choose their upgrade preference to LTS once it dropped, and hopefully await for the WHM Jupiter fixes so they can go back to STABLE (or RELEASE) at a point.

Again, to reiterate: the timing is terrible, because people who are on 100 now have absolutely no way to delay the transition to WHM Jupiter.

Reactions: feldon27 and wswd

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Spirogg Would it be welcome if I reach out to you directly about the color and font size concerns there? We had heard from other users with similar requests and I'd love to understand your needs better there
hello here is an example of a good color and font size for the left menu that looks easy on my eyes and easier to see the text'
'Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 6.56.30 PM.png

here is a full shot to see size of font
Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 7.04.56 PM.png

im not trying to show another panel for any other reason than to show the color and font

this left menu is a nice color and text is good size very readable and relaxing to my eyes

even this other panel has a decent left menu color and center is not all white better on the eyes and font size as well

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 7.15.15 PM.png

Last edited:

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelAdamF

- Also it would be nice to have a search bar top left menu
and maybe right below the WHM logo put the live load averages

then we can see our load averages without having to click on anything

this would be a nice touch

Regards,
Spiro

Reactions: cPRex

mballew8

Registered
Nov 4, 2020
Florida
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I'm solely here because there are no icons when I switch to Jupiter, I've changed all accounts on vps and now stuck with terrible gui, since cpanel likes to raise licensing maybe we can get a credit back due to the "time" many will use in dealing with this. Because our time is money and the purpose of cpanel is to save us time.

We want the old interface, I've never seen such a bad useless gui in my life.
pls send me steps to revert to old theme

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelAdamF
Here is another lighter color of side menu in your cPanel forums. With nice font sizing

This would be also a nice touch to the left menu in WHM when viewing in mobile. And desktop. And even when viewing 2083

Click to hide and view left menu.

Thanks
SPIRO

31D735B4-E348-4268-A2A4-104CFDDE7A58.png8D3A99B3-DBD8-4A9D-8282-AC6014169FD5.png35BBA248-5609-4F39-86D5-B81C270C632A.png

Reactions: martin MHC

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@cPanelAdamF

• Provide load averages and other server statistics directly on the WHM index page, turning the page into more of a dashboard.
This would be a great idea if you could add how many accounts we have and resellers total number active.

With a link to click on to go to “list accounts” and list “resellers “

- also is there a way to get some kind of dashboard feature to show how many emails have been sent from users and resellers total. So if we see for today we have 250,346 emails out. And later we log in and see 500,000 we can click on a link and see a list of accounts that have sent out emails and possibly find a culprit sending out spam from their account.
I know we have logs but this would be nice touch to show it on dash board. Like each update would be from the last hour log. Or 1/2 hour or 15 mins. Etc.

Disk usage our total and used for the server
Ram total and used for the server

these would be a nice touch to have in the main page in WHM dashboard.

just my ideas thanks

SPIRO

Reactions: IndicHosts.net

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
PS Don't make the text in the left panel of WHM and cPanel white..

its too bright and all that white makes it so hard to read the text..

also the font size should be max 14 if not 12 or 13

1645407942778.png

@cPanelAdamF PLEASE - as in one example above the left panel when you click on a category it opens up and all text is nice easy readable color,
then to differantiate what link you clicked on - (you can make that text a brighter color only) to show that it has been selected.

this would make it so much easier to read and to know what you have selected...

Thanks again

Kind Regards,
Spiro

Spirogg

Feb 21, 2018
chicago
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've got some updates you guys will like!

In 102.0.3 we removed the Paper Lantern deprecation message from the cPanel interface.
in 102.0.4:
-the left sidebar is back to being always there.
-the search algorithm is updated to be more accurate so "list" will pull up "List Accounts"
-the Solutions area is hidden completely

feldon27

Mar 12, 2003
Houston, TX
What level of customization will be possible with the Jupiter themes in 102? Will we be able to fully rewrite/override the HTML templates and full CSS on the page? Will there be a custom images folder we can upload to in our custom theme?

feldon27

Mar 12, 2003
Houston, TX
Without having used the new design yet, I think it seems way more modern than the current WHM design.

I think that there's a trend currently.
"Modern design" aka Material Design aka Jony Ive design where everything is black lines on a white background with zero color actually goes against user interface guidelines of usability and discoverability. It imposes mystery meat navigation where status messages, buttons, menus, and controls all blend together as stark unformatted text and abstract graphics (if at all) and are not visually distinguishable and so the user must click randomly to find the functionality they want.

We have eight core CPUs, hardware accelerated graphics, gigabytes of RAM, terabytes of storage, and tens of millions of colors available to us, including transparency and graphical transformations. Monochromatic interfaces are brutalist user hostility and are a passing fad that users must actively resist.

cPanelAdamF

cPanel Product Owner
Staff member
Mar 21, 2013
Houston TX
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
What level of customization will be possible with the Jupiter themes in 102? Will we be able to fully rewrite/override the HTML templates and full CSS on the page? Will there be a custom images folder we can upload to in our custom theme?
UI Includes will provide a safe way of bringing your content into areas of Jupiter...but no, we do not support direct changes to templates.

Regarding full CSS, we are preserving the UI Include point found in the <head> tag. I would suggest using this to insert any number of resources onto the page.

• Love
Reactions: sangeeths

tui

Jun 15, 2007
Mexico
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've got some updates you guys will like!

In 102.0.3 we removed the Paper Lantern deprecation message from the cPanel interface.
in 102.0.4:
-the left sidebar is back to being always there.
-the search algorithm is updated to be more accurate so "list" will pull up "List Accounts"
-the Solutions area is hidden completely
We need a search bar on the left sidebar too, that search bar should filter the items in the menu, just like is used to be